Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2023, 06:19 PM

198 posts, read 224,805 times

Advertisements

Good Evening,

Anyone know if the picture taking traffic cameras all over FC are still functioning?

I've been doing my shopping after work on college and east of college and I never see any flashes when I am waiting at intersections and watching the traffic go by. I ask because I turned onto Harmony a few days ago and the light was green when I started in, but then the traffic just stopped and I was trapped half way through the intersection while making the left hand turn onto Harmony. I didn't see any flashes and it was after 8PM so I would think I would have noticed a flash?

I'm probably fine because the camera should pick up that the light was green when I entered the intersection but it makes me want to ask if these cameras are still in use? It would be nice to know so I can stop slamming my brakes every time I see a light go yellow in front of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 10:34 AM

11,092 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Good question. I've been under the impression it's business as usual with them (wink). But if you don't see those flashes, it might indicate a temporary shutoff. I think they're big money-makers, so I'd imagine they'll be around for a long time.

Hoping you don't get anything in the mail. Best of wishes!

P.S. Sure do miss the Gulf Coast...

Old 11-17-2023, 12:29 PM

198 posts, read 224,805 times
I saw the camera at Timberline & Harmony flash while stopped at a Red Light so they are looking for customers.

Old 11-20-2023, 10:17 AM

11,092 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGuy View Post
I saw the camera at Timberline & Harmony flash while stopped at a Red Light so they are looking for customers.
That's probably their biggest money-maker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
View detailed profiles of: