Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 12:28 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times

Advertisements

Another thing for sure, the Loveland area is getting more and more "fast paced"! Old/older drivers drive the speed limit or a little above and it really pisses off the young drivers here.

Coming back from northeastern Ft. Collins (by Denny's and Waffle House) on Saturday at 8PM, I was driving safely/cautiously on I-25 south. Lots of sharp curves in construction areas, but people would still race thru. Some of the lanes were barely wide enough for a tractor-trailer to drive thru and I almost got hit a few times.

I guess anyone our age shouldn't be out driving on the freeways here, let alone the streets. People have places to go and they don't care how fast they go to get there or anyone around them. IOW, the Loveland P.D. here isn't big enough for how much Loveland is/has grown-growing.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:16 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Don't have to discuss/complain about either.

Most older seniors (70+) already know this (kids under 30) and discuss it among themselves at McDonalds over coffee.

As for us, we will be moving next year, so we no longer care who moves to Loveland or what people in Loveland think about rodeo.
Finally that's settled! (Git outta Dodge... (Loveland))

In the meantime I would stay out of McDonalds and off the street. All very possible from your convenient location.

Why do you care (or comment) about a population explosion in Loveland? That happened 60 yrs ago.

It's well known that being negative, breeds more negativity. (by association, purpose, insight, relationships, thoughts, research, attitude, observations...). The world need little coaching in negativity, as there are millions displaced by war and famine. (and taxes)

Poof, be gone.

Wait for nothing (or hibernate).
Does it cost $1000 for an early apartment contract termination? Money well spent at age 70+ and being unhappy. Next year may never arrive for many of us.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Finally that's settled! (Git outta Dodge... (Loveland))

In the meantime I would stay out of McDonalds and off the street. All very possible from your convenient location.

Why do you care (or comment) about a population explosion in Loveland? That happened 60 yrs ago.

It's well known that being negative, breeds more negativity. (by association, purpose, insight, relationships, thoughts, research, attitude, observations...). The world need little coaching in negativity, as there are millions displaced by war and famine. (and taxes)

Poof, be gone.

Wait for nothing (or hibernate).
Does it cost $1000 for an early apartment contract termination? Money well spent at age 70+ and being unhappy. Next year may never arrive for many of us.
But, we like McDonalds! And, we can't walk to King Scoopers or Walmart (p/u). So.........

As far as "negativity" goes, this forum is full of it. All kinds of folks complaining about where they live and asking about other places they are interested in moving to. Absolutely full of it!

Anyway, there are those that love Loveland and still live here and those that have moved out of Loveland and Colorado. We have a few neighbors that have done just that. Heck, every city in America their are those that love where they live and those that don't. Some can move, while others, well, all they can do is complain/be negative. In fact, I believe I done a thread asking who has left Loveland and why.

Moving when winter is just starting isn't going to happen. I don't necessarily like "negativity" either, but I do like hearing what others think, whether that be positive or negative.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:17 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,693,060 times
Quote:
Don't have to discuss/complain about either.

Most older seniors (70+) already know this (kids under 30) and discuss it among themselves at McDonalds over coffee.

As far as rodeo goes, not even JAX Outdoor Gear Farm & Ranch employees know about PRCA rodeo and that there are two in Loveland each year. If the word "rodeo" is said in Loveland, most likely the words "what's that" would be asked.

As for us, we will be moving next year, so we no longer care who moves to Loveland or what people in Loveland think about rodeo.
No need for you to keep complaining about it because you already did that over and over again in many other threads. You sound like a broken record.

If you don’t care, then (again) no need for you to keep complaining ad nauseum.

You could instead spend the time to seriously visit some other area. By seriously, I mean go there and check out suitable housing, COL, etc—not just go to entertainment venues. You keep repeating the same mistakes you already made.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
No need for you to keep complaining about it because you already did that over and over again in many other threads. You sound like a broken record.

If you don’t care, then (again) no need for you to keep complaining ad nauseum.

You could instead spend the time to seriously visit some other area. By seriously, I mean go there and check out suitable housing, COL, etc—not just go to entertainment venues. You keep repeating the same mistakes you already made.
Would YOU have the money to "check out other places"?? We sure don't!

It's like I said in another reply, City-Data is full of folks complaining about where they live or where they ended up moving to.

Actually, the complaining I was doing, which is very verifiable among other seniors living in Loveland, is how fast-paced the city is getting. Apparently the word has gotten out about how small the P.D. is here and that many young people can get away with a lot of things.

When winter really hits Loveland, and the area, there will be those that will complain, but instead of selling and moving, they stay and continue to complain about how cold it is and the snow.

No matter what anyone here thinks, we see a population explosion about to happen and that's already being talked about among many seniors. I only asked about it.

And, just how many members of this entire forum have made mistakes in where they have moved to??? Guess it's not common, or good, for people to make mistakes, even if they are repeated.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:19 AM

And, this is why my wife keeps telling me "I don't want any part of a forum where members don't understand and/or don't want to understand."

With the right replies, City-Data can be a very informative forum.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:10 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,662,406 times
Quote:
Would YOU have the money to "check out other places"?? We sure don't!

Actually, the complaining I was doing, which is very verifiable among other seniors living in Loveland, is how fast-paced the city is getting. Apparently the word has gotten out about how small the P.D. is here and that many young people can get away with a lot of things.
People speed EVERYWHERE, and not just the "young people". Big cities, small towns, you'll never get away from that no matter how many places you look at. It's not because the police department is small, it's because it's a fast-paced world. You are going to have to find some really small town in the middle of nowhere to get away from that.

And, BTW, don't seniors always comment about how the "young people" aren't as courteous as we were when we were younger, or how the "young people" don't value money the way we used to...........

Old 10-26-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
People speed EVERYWHERE, and not just the "young people". Big cities, small towns, you'll never get away from that no matter how many places you look at. It's not because the police department is small, it's because it's a fast-paced world. You are going to have to find some really small town in the middle of nowhere to get away from that.

And, BTW, don't seniors always comment about how the "young people" aren't as courteous as we were when we were younger, or how the "young people" don't value money the way we used to...........
I do understand what you are talking about, know how? When I use to pull a horse trailer, I'd have to take it easy with speed due to the horses I was hauling. That didn't go to well with other drivers on streets/freeways. Same thing with pulling a powerboat, of which I still do.

They young people have "places to go and people to see", while old/older seniors don't do that anymore.

When we were headed up to northern Wyoming, and came across sections of the I-25 that a lane was coned off/closed due to construction, the speed limit could be 30mph and today's drivers (the young ones) absolutely hate driving that slow. It didn't bother me, but other drivers............well, I know they were probably saying a lot of 4-letter words in their vehicle while driving.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:43 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,662,406 times
I'm curious about your definition of "young" people. I'm 75 and everyone under 50 seems young to me.

In your construction zone example, I don't think that anyone slows down to the posted speed limit. Of course, I'm too busy looking at where I'm driving to try to figure out how old the other drivers are, but it's not just the young people who don't slow down.

My husband and I still take road trips, so we DO have places to go and people to see.

Old 10-26-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I'm curious about your definition of "young" people. I'm 75 and everyone under 50 seems young to me.

In your construction zone example, I don't think that anyone slows down to the posted speed limit. Of course, I'm too busy looking at where I'm driving to try to figure out how old the other drivers are, but it's not just the young people who don't slow down.

My husband and I still take road trips, so we DO have places to go and people to see.
Under 50 for us also, but a large percentage of people in Loveland, and the area, are 26-40. I'm looking where I'm driving as well, but when someone, and I think obviously a young person, is tailgating me to go 15 plus over the speed limit........

Any, many times I can pretty much guess their age if they are driving a big-tire "Tonka" type truck or a fairly new-to-new (looking) Mustang or a make like that. IOW, the modern day "Muscle" type car.

The posted speed limit on Eisenhower Blvd. going by Lake Loveland is 35 and most go 50. Wife and I have had people come by us like they were on a NASCAR race track.

We've taken road trips also, but, most of the time, never have to complain about people speeding, like here. Sometimes I think the young people love Loveland because, driving wise, they can get away with a lot. We've lived in places where law enforcement didn't put up with this unsafe driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area