Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 07:38 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,362,856 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity, anyone currently living in Loveland, plan on, or have, left Loveland? We will be.

If you are planning on leaving (moving away) or have already done so, why did you?

Old 07-12-2022, 08:10 AM

206 posts, read 134,627 times
We left.
We were not in our right mind (family tension).

Many friends still there, we visit often.

Some friends have left Loveland.
Many reasons; jobs, military, eldercare, family needs, return to the farm to help out, following the grandkids, medical changes and LT care.

Life happens, then it is over.
You do what you need to do, and get on with it. (Often you have no choice)
Sometimes you get over it, and sometimes you don't.

There are worse places to live, move, and be from. (a lot worse).
Our friends who deeply care for and about us still live in Loveland.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:16 AM

Actually, there is a considerable turnaround at the apt. complex we live at. Some have moved out and bought a house locally, while others have moved out of Loveland and Colorado.

But, in general, we really haven't seen much "movement" out of Loveland, especially with young folks. They seem to move here and love it.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:30 AM

206 posts, read 134,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Actually, there is a considerable turnaround at the apt. complex we live at. ...
But, in general, we really haven't seen much "movement" out of Loveland, especially with young folks. They seem to move here and love it.
The majority of our friends remaining in Loveland are age 65-100. They are doing fine and have a lot of activities and interests.

(4) friends, still in Loveland lived in your apartment complex in about 1970-1980's when it was new and they were in their first apt away from home. I know of no older friends in your complex, but I'm sure there are a few. Many are nearby in homes near Faith / Rist Benson. (3) live just south across 34 from you, but north of Big T. They aren't planning on going anywhere. (Maybe to Good Sam if they can no longer maintain their home)

Each person, family, situation is unique.

Tough to beat Loveland as a senior, if you can be content with a zillion activities, walking in the parks, local venues (including Ft C (10 min) and Longmont / Boulder / EP (30 min). Quite mild weather for CO, great place for walking, riding bikes, community activities and volunteer services. (Close to WY I was in Loveland last week and went up to WY a few times that week) Snowy Range, Saratoga, Vedauwo, all within an hour or so. Often we make a summer afternoon loop to Vedauwo and Saratoga, Grand Lake, and come back to Loveland over Trail Ridge in the evening.

Old 07-12-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNox18 View Post
The majority of our friends remaining in Loveland are age 65-100. They are doing fine and have a lot of activities and interests.

(4) friends, still in Loveland lived in your apartment complex in about 1970-1980's when it was new and they were in their first apt away from home. I know of no older friends in your complex, but I'm sure there are a few. Many are nearby in homes near Faith / Rist Benson. (3) live just south across 34 from you, but north of Big T. They aren't planning on going anywhere. (Maybe to Good Sam if they can no longer maintain their home)

Each person, family, situation is unique.

Tough to beat Loveland as a senior, if you can be content with a zillion activities, walking in the parks, local venues (including Ft C (10 min) and Longmont / Boulder / EP (30 min). Quite mild weather for CO, great place for walking, riding bikes, community activities and volunteer services. (Close to WY I was in Loveland last week and went up to WY a few times that week) Snowy Range, Saratoga, Vedauwo, all within an hour or so. Often we make a summer afternoon loop to Vedauwo and Saratoga, Grand Lake, and come back to Loveland over Trail Ridge in the evening.
Well, it turns our, after living here for 3 years, Loveland just isn't for us, anymore, that is. We are both very serious PRCA rodeo fans and that "interest" sure isn't in Loveland. Looking at moving to Wyoming for that.

Not sure what you mean by "mild" weather here? In March 2021, we had almost 30 inches of snow during a full-blown blizzard. This past March, at 7AM, it was -12 degrees.

Now, we were use to this winter weather, being that we had lived here in Colorado's Front Range before. Had a house in Parker for some 3 years. We were here for the Holiday Blizzard of December 2006.

There are seniors that love it here, than there are ones that think Loveland has changed to much. We both can understand that, but then again, the entire Front Range has changed quite a bit since we left in 2007 and returned in 2019.

IOW, we liked, even loved, the Front Range much more from mid 2002 thru Oct 2007 than we do now. The Front Range has REALLY attracted a much younger population than what was here before. Either that, or we are just plainly older. Which could definitely be true. We have no children or grandkids.

Last edited by BabyBoomers2; 07-12-2022 at 09:13 AM..

Old 07-14-2022, 09:44 AM

11,066 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
...we liked, even loved, the Front Range much more from mid 2002 thru Oct 2007 than we do now. The Front Range has REALLY attracted a much younger population than what was here before.
You do realize that as time goes on, older people pass on, and newer people are born? You will find a decline in older persons, and increase in younger persons... EVERYWHERE. Believe it or not, that pattern has gone on since the beginning of humanity.

I'm an old fogie myself, but am at peace with the way life works. The cycle of time and humanity are unchangeable. We all come onto the "stage", progress from one side to the other, then get off the stage. I'm going to be as positive and productive while there, as we only get one chance at it. Regret-filled frowners only ruin the time while on the stage. Hint hint. You can't "drive" forward if you're fixated on the rear view mirror.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 07-14-2022 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-14-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
You do realize that as time goes on, older people pass on, and newer people are born? You will find a decline in older persons, and increase in younger persons... EVERYWHERE. Believe it or not, that pattern has gone on since the beginning of humanity.

I'm an old fogie myself, but am at peace with the way life works. The cycle of time and humanity are unchangeable. We all come onto the "stage", progress from one side to the other, then get off the stage. I'm going to be as positive and productive while there, as we only get one chance at it. Regret-filled frowners only ruin the time while on the stage. Hint hint. You can't "drive" forward if you're fixated on the rear view mirror.
Oh, we know how life works, but definitely don't have to agree with all of the changes. And, there are many, many young and older seniors that have stated how much they disagree with the changes that have happened along the Front Range. They know they can't do anything about the changes, but they also know they can voice their feelings about those changes also.

And, to a point, once a person becomes of "senior" age, they should be able to complain as much as they want to. I mean, Thoreau424, just look at what shape most of America is in today. It's a darn shame!

Day after day I'm reading about somebody being shot/killed somewhere along the Front Range. And, on top of that, how much illegal drugs are now rolling around in Colorado. I just read the headlines from the LPD Arrests: Meth, more meth and more meth, along with other illegal drug arrests in Loveland.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:05 PM

11,066 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
Day after day I'm reading about somebody being shot/killed somewhere along the Front Range. And, on top of that, how much illegal drugs are now rolling around in Colorado. I just read the headlines from the LPD Arrests: Meth, more meth and more meth, along with other illegal drug arrests in Loveland.
So you live your life based on everyone else, and what's going on around you? That's more important than focusing on your own life/lives, and rising above it all? You just want to stay inside the jail cell and complain about the view rather than walk out the unlocked door.

Only you can change your situation, but you sound more comfortable leaving matters as they are, and using it as a vehicle for attention and sympathy.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 07-14-2022 at 05:32 PM..

Old 07-15-2022, 11:42 AM

127 posts, read 234,441 times
Is it bad enough that you no longer Love Boating ?

:-(

Old 07-15-2022, 11:54 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,625 times
Wow has it been over 3 years since you insulted and attacked me when I told you that you were not going to find a bunch of cowboys and rodeo fans in the Fort Collins/Loveland area and that I had no idea what I was talking about? My how time flies.

Yes I left Loveland, no I do not miss it, although it is only a couple of hour drive for me to go there if I choose. Like Longmont, Loveland has always been the city where young couples starting out, retired who don't want the hustle of the bigger city next door, and the blue collar lived. They have all the issues of that type of town with all the benefits as well.

Loveland is a good town for what it is, but the OP and others seem to build up towns into what they are not, and are disappointed to find out that it will never live up to those expectations. It is not a cheaper Fort Collins, it is a blue collar town that feeds off of Fort Collins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area