Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 01:16 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,280,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
^ seems you like better reading comprehension. He is not houseless. He just wants real estate to crash again like 2009 so he can buy houses for cheap. /not nice

Where did he say that in the thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 08:18 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Where did he say that in the thread?
Look at his past post history in the real estate forum. He was all doom and gloom about real estate prior to everything shooting up in price this year. Many of us encouraged him to buy a house before it was too late, but he didn't listen to our advice.

Now that everything has gone up in price due to limited supply, he is whining about how it's unfair for the Fed to prop up real estate prices with stimulus (claims everything is "free" platform).

He is fantasizing for a real estate collapse.

Last edited by AndroidAZ; 12-31-2020 at 08:31 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 06:17 AM

297 posts, read 196,260 times
Quote:
Look at his past post history in the real estate forum. He was all doom and gloom about real estate prior to everything shooting up in price this year. Many of us encouraged him to buy a house before it was too late, but he didn't listen to our advice.

Now that everything has gone up in price due to limited supply, he is whining about how it's unfair for the Fed to prop up real estate prices with stimulus (claims everything is "free" platform).

He is fantasizing for a real estate collapse.
How would you know what is or isn’t going to happen?

Old 01-24-2021, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
How would you know what is or isn’t going to happen?
Come again? How does anyone know what is or isn't going to happen?

Not sure what your point is.

I am also extremely educated and well researched in local / national / global issues and traveled frequently in US / World (pre-Covid) so I keep an eye on key economic factors and drivers to understand what's happening, and what may drive future economic growth.

I don't panic, don't listen to FUD, especially don't listen to uneducated people who seem to focus on short term fears and panic. That is a sure way to financial ruin.

Unlike the other poster, I do not wish for a foreclosure crisis, but if one happens, I am incredibly well positioned to swoop in and pick up tons of deals to become even wealthier. No matter what happens, I am poised to take advantage of the market.

I would like to see everyone prosper and make it through this natural disaster / pandemic and come out better financially on the other side. Wishing / hoping for a massive foreclosure crisis is incredibly short sighted and dumb.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:24 AM

116 posts, read 143,559 times
Quote:
Come again? How does anyone know what is or isn't going to happen?

Not sure what your point is.

I am also extremely educated and well researched in local / national / global issues and traveled frequently in US / World (pre-Covid) so I keep an eye on key economic factors and drivers to understand what's happening, and what may drive future economic growth.

I don't panic, don't listen to FUD, especially don't listen to uneducated people who seem to focus on short term fears and panic. That is a sure way to financial ruin.

Unlike the other poster, I do not wish for a foreclosure crisis, but if one happens, I am incredibly well positioned to swoop in and pick up tons of deals to become even wealthier. No matter what happens, I am poised to take advantage of the market.

I would like to see everyone prosper and make it through this natural disaster / pandemic and come out better financially on the other side. Wishing / hoping for a massive foreclosure crisis is incredibly short sighted and dumb.
No one is coming out of this "better financially" except for Amazon, Walmart, Target, 3M, etc... This is not a natural disaster/pandemic that shut down the economy. Our politicians shut down our economy, financially crippling small business owners and workers in several industries. There is no silver lining for many of those folks. I doubt there will be a "foreclosure crisis" as more people have equity now than the last crisis, but there is no way to avoid fallout from this. The longer they keep artificially propping up the market by holding back evictions and foreclosures, the worse the impact will be once they finally open things up.
It would be nice to think government is "helping" these people, but the fact is the homeowners are still bound by their contractual obligations to the lenders, and when banks step in with forbearances and loan mods, they make a pretty penny in additional fees and loan restructures. The people that accept the loan mods will lose much of their equity in doing so and will be much worse off in the end. But hey at least they got a year off from mortgage payments when the government killed their ability to make a living. Bravo.

Old 02-16-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minna_reid View Post
No one is coming out of this "better financially" except for Amazon, Walmart, Target, 3M, etc... This is not a natural disaster/pandemic that shut down the economy. Our politicians shut down our economy, financially crippling small business owners and workers in several industries. There is no silver lining for many of those folks. I doubt there will be a "foreclosure crisis" as more people have equity now than the last crisis, but there is no way to avoid fallout from this. The longer they keep artificially propping up the market by holding back evictions and foreclosures, the worse the impact will be once they finally open things up.
It would be nice to think government is "helping" these people, but the fact is the homeowners are still bound by their contractual obligations to the lenders, and when banks step in with forbearances and loan mods, they make a pretty penny in additional fees and loan restructures. The people that accept the loan mods will lose much of their equity in doing so and will be much worse off in the end. But hey at least they got a year off from mortgage payments when the government killed their ability to make a living. Bravo.
So you're a glasses is half empty type of person.

There are tons of people that will come out of this better.

Just like WW2 made America the strongest super power on the planet, how we deal with this will improve our future or lessen it.

Technical / medical innovations are being made at an amazing pace that could really have an impact on many other diseases.

Technological work innovations are being made where vast people are now able to work remotely, than slave away on an awful commute to a laboratory of cubes to do work.

There are huge societal shifts that were underway pre-Covid that has been rapidly increased by Covid.

Speak for yourself, but my financial picture is VASTLY better post-Covid.

I spend far less on material stuff - cars, clothes, eating out, than pre-Covid. My quality of life has shot up because I'm not having to dress to impress all the time. I can eat healthier and with family more often.

I'm sad for you that your life has to be so miserable that everyone else's life has to be miserable too.

Old 02-22-2021, 11:44 AM

116 posts, read 143,559 times
Quote:
So you're a glasses is half empty type of person.

There are tons of people that will come out of this better.

Just like WW2 made America the strongest super power on the planet, how we deal with this will improve our future or lessen it.

Technical / medical innovations are being made at an amazing pace that could really have an impact on many other diseases.

Technological work innovations are being made where vast people are now able to work remotely, than slave away on an awful commute to a laboratory of cubes to do work.

There are huge societal shifts that were underway pre-Covid that has been rapidly increased by Covid.

Speak for yourself, but my financial picture is VASTLY better post-Covid.

I spend far less on material stuff - cars, clothes, eating out, than pre-Covid. My quality of life has shot up because I'm not having to dress to impress all the time. I can eat healthier and with family more often.

I'm sad for you that your life has to be so miserable that everyone else's life has to be miserable too.
I am a REALISTIC person, and having specialized in selling real estate in default for over 13 years, I can assure you, the housing market will 100% take a hit from this. When and how bad is still up in the air, as government is currently artificially propping up the market, and all states have had different shutdown responses.
You braggadocio about your improved finances from Covid is a slap in the face to every small business owner that has closed their doors and everyone who is now unemployed or struggling because of the shutdowns. If you truly can't comprehend how shutting down the economy will lead to financial struggles for many, you are a fool and its clearly a waste of anyone's time to respond to your ignorant comments.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:34 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,206,328 times
Quote:
current info https://dsnews.com/news/02-26-2021/a...ng-forbearance

2.7MM in forbearance, ~5% of all mortgages they claim.

some basic Q & A on the programs https://www.moolanomy.com/8313/mortg...arance-relief/

My personal guess is many of the Banks - almost certainly those mortgages that are government-guaranteed - will have to tack everything onto the end (including missed interest), and possibly at no fee.

Old 03-08-2021, 04:56 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,854,815 times
Quote:
Great post but sorry I can't rep you. I am SO thankful that I am not holding the note on any properties or even have rental property at this time.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:24 AM

85 posts, read 112,005 times
Quote:
I am a REALISTIC person, and having specialized in selling real estate in default for over 13 years, I can assure you, the housing market will 100% take a hit from this. When and how bad is still up in the air, as government is currently artificially propping up the market, and all states have had different shutdown responses.
You braggadocio about your improved finances from Covid is a slap in the face to every small business owner that has closed their doors and everyone who is now unemployed or struggling because of the shutdowns. If you truly can't comprehend how shutting down the economy will lead to financial struggles for many, you are a fool and its clearly a waste of anyone's time to respond to your ignorant comments.
You seem to have missed the boat of what he said, as well as what government has been doing.

There are sectors that have benefited from the acceleration of trends in e-commerce, virtual working, and flexible working lifestyles.

Covid made an slowly dying way of life - commuting in misery to cube farms, slaving away in minimum wage jobs far less palatable. It's causing society to take a serious look at how many menial jobs will disappear due to automation, artificial intelligence.

There are those who think society will never change, and life will remain constant for the foreseeable future. Truth is work and society is constantly changing, now more than ever.

If you can't change with the times, whether it's Covid induced, or tech induced, you will suffer. The new government is trying to help with that.

Yes there were government shut downs, but government provided trillions of dollars of stimulus. There were people getting rich off government stimulus, and people who were being paid more in unemployment than working. That was a temporary situation to ensure the virus didn't get so bad that it crippled our health system.

You seem to focus on the shut downs for small business only, and miss the big picture. What if small businesses had stayed open, and had massive injuries / death due to covid, and the hospitals being inundated with dying people during the periods last year? Do you think small business owners would have fared any better in that case?

You call him a fool, but I think you miss the real picture and might not be thinking clearly yourself. In my experience people who tend to call other people fools tend to be pretty foolish themselves in reality, as they think they are smarter than they really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs