Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 PM

44 posts, read 126,305 times

Advertisements

For the last several years, Rogers seems to be pushing for Fayetteville status. They have built all of the same things Fayetteville has, including a world-class mall, they now have the area's ABC affiliate and is trying to get channel 5 and KNWA from Fayetteville, etc. The cities of Fayetteville and Rogers seem to be in a fierce competition for status.

Last edited by brajoh81; 10-17-2008 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 02:08 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
Of course. All 4 of those cities have bickered and fought for as long as I can remember. But now the Benton Co. cities actually have some power to wield. If Rogers and Bentonville were smart, they'd go ahead and merge and become the hub of the region without question. Of course, the whole region was smart, all 4 would merge.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Rogers took that mantle from F'ville when Pinnacle was built. Today, Rogers IS NWA.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Rogers took that mantle from F'ville when Pinnacle was built. Today, Rogers IS NWA.
Rogers can have NWA if Pinnacle is the direction NWA wants to take.
Rogers will never be Fayetteville no matter how hard they try. And that's a good thing.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Of course. All 4 of those cities have bickered and fought for as long as I can remember. But now the Benton Co. cities actually have some power to wield. If Rogers and Bentonville were smart, they'd go ahead and merge and become the hub of the region without question. Of course, the whole region was smart, all 4 would merge.
What would they name it?

I propose Waltonville.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:16 PM

452 posts, read 1,639,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelw View Post
Rogers can have NWA if Pinnacle is the direction NWA wants to take.
Rogers will never be Fayetteville no matter how hard they try. And that's a good thing.
I agree It doesnt matter If they become the hub, them becoming the hub will actually help Fayetteville in the long run. I say let it happen

Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 AM

465 posts, read 1,417,015 times
Isn't it funny how people can refer too towns like living creatures who are actually plotting agianst each other.
I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to see Rogers become the hub though as well as people who think it is growing too darn fast.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:05 AM

529 posts, read 1,650,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
Isn't it funny how people can refer too towns like living creatures who are actually plotting agianst each other.
I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to see Rogers become the hub though as well as people who think it is growing too darn fast.
Don't get me wrong, I like the growth, I just don't like the way Rogers is doing it. Instead of revamping a perfectly good charming downtown area that with just a small amount of work could be the hub of the city with shopping, restaurants, businesses, etc. they have just abandoned it. I'm hoping with talks of a renovated museum and Lake Atalanta that Rogers can turn that around but I just don't see the citizens of Rogers caring since the ones with any pull live near Pinnacle. The citizens of Rogers need to realize that there is a lot more to life than new shiny things. Historic, preserved downtowns with a little bit of modern are what makes cities, not large suburban shopping centers.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:30 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,015 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like the growth, I just don't like the way Rogers is doing it. Instead of revamping a perfectly good charming downtown area that with just a small amount of work could be the hub of the city with shopping, restaurants, businesses, etc. they have just abandoned it. I'm hoping with talks of a renovated museum and Lake Atalanta that Rogers can turn that around but I just don't see the citizens of Rogers caring since the ones with any pull live near Pinnacle. The citizens of Rogers need to realize that there is a lot more to life than new shiny things. Historic, preserved downtowns with a little bit of modern are what makes cities, not large suburban shopping centers.
Thats a good point, people aren't moving to NWA from LA because it is so big.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
I agree but too many people especially the young ones think big is better and modern is the only way...As a part time travel agent, I see this often with resorts and cruises. They want to big ships and the resorts that offer everything imaginable.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers