Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2024, 07:05 PM

39 posts, read 47,042 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to purchase a new construction home in BV in the 400-500k range (already completed or near completion). There are a tremendous amount of individual builders, and very little reference information available. My realtor has never heard of most of them. Has anyone purchased a new construction home from a builder they can recommend? OR any I should avoid? Thank you!

Last edited by ZivaDog; 03-07-2024 at 07:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 04:04 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
I live in a Roth home and it both impressed my inspector and has been good going on 5 years now. Know someone that bought a Dreamstructures home during the construction phase and it's been good for over 5 years now.

No clue if they're building in Bella Vista.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:28 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
We're in the process of doing the same. I have a lot in BV and want to build a custom home and I finally have it narrowed down to two builders (leaning heavily towards one) now after weeding through many. You're right there are so many builders there and it's taken me over 6 months of searching to find a couple good ones who are reasonably priced and seem easy to work with. I'm flying out there on the 27th to meet with one of them and see his houses and hopefully will be able to make a choice then.

We've been out the BV several times over the past 2 years and I was not impressed at all with most of the new houses we looked at. Full discloser I've been in the trades for 42 years and I'm use to working on upper/high end homes and these "spec" homes are mostly done with the cheapest products. You're better off if you can find one that hasn't been started and customize it to your wants. I had an architect design the house which was very reasonably priced. It's really not all that much more (depending on what you add) and you can get a much better house this way. I'm upgrading the HVAC, doing spray foam insulation, better roof and better grade windows for not all that much more. If you'd like more info send me a DM and I can give you the names and info of who I'm most likely going with and the ones I wouldn't recommend.

Old 03-08-2024, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
I live in a Roth home and it both impressed my inspector and has been good going on 5 years now. Know someone that bought a Dreamstructures home during the construction phase and it's been good for over 5 years now.

No clue if they're building in Bella Vista.
I was able to locate websites and information on both these builders. They look outstanding! Thank you so much!

Old 03-08-2024, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushBrothersPainting View Post
I can completely understand your challenge. There are so many "builders" working in Northwest Arkansas that it is challenging to find a good one. I would recommend reaching out to real estate professionals that have worked in Bella Vista for years. Two come to mind: Annette Gore and Larry Kelly. I would reach out to them and see if they have any recommendations and then do your research from that point. Good luck with your project....if you need any painting help send me a note.
Thank you for the information. I’ll pass on these realtor names on to my realtor, and will keep you in mind for painting!

Old 03-08-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
We're in the process of doing the same. I have a lot in BV and want to build a custom home and I finally have it narrowed down to two builders (leaning heavily towards one) now after weeding through many. You're right there are so many builders there and it's taken me over 6 months of searching to find a couple good ones who are reasonably priced and seem easy to work with. I'm flying out there on the 27th to meet with one of them and see his houses and hopefully will be able to make a choice then.

We've been out the BV several times over the past 2 years and I was not impressed at all with most of the new houses we looked at. Full discloser I've been in the trades for 42 years and I'm use to working on upper/high end homes and these "spec" homes are mostly done with the cheapest products. You're better off if you can find one that hasn't been started and customize it to your wants. I had an architect design the house which was very reasonably priced. It's really not all that much more (depending on what you add) and you can get a much better house this way. I'm upgrading the HVAC, doing spray foam insulation, better roof and better grade windows for not all that much more. If you'd like more info send me a DM and I can give you the names and info of who I'm most likely going with and the ones I wouldn't recommend.
Congrats on your upcoming build! There are some beautiful lots to build on.

I can see how your years of experience would make it hard to unsee things! I like the idea of a custom build from the ground up, but can’t get on board with renting for the months it will take, so will compromise with a complete or mostly complete home. I’ll DM for the builders. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers