Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,086 times

Advertisements

Hello all:

We are a mid-50’s couple with HS and college age children.

We have lived in 8 states (IL, TN, MN, OH, NC, OH, IN, TX) and also enjoyed 2 expat postings to the UK and Hong Kong, over the last 27 yrs.

My wonderful wife keeps getting recruited and relocated - this time now to Bentonville.

She is a KCMO native, whereas I am a central NY native. Actually looking forward to the opportunity to get out of flat/hot Texas and into a more familiar geography and climate.

We’ve bought 9 prior homes, a mix of new builds and resales, but are now at a point in our lives wherein the thrill and adventure of taking on huge DIY home renovation projects, is not that compelling. That said, building or doing a cool rehab, wherein an architect-designed and GC-managed/accountable/responsible buildout, is the plan, is piquing our interest.

Our budget would be up to $2MM, but we’re not interested in big acreage, nor does proximity to water hold any allure, as we already have a 2nd home in Naples FL. Thinking something a bit smaller than our current 6,200 sq ft, ideally in Bentonville or even Fayetteville, as the proximity to arts, culture, higher-education and outdoor activities, is of greater interest, now that our children are soon off to university. We do have two dogs, a cat and grandma (spry, active and in her 70s), along with 4 vehicles.

We’ve always been fortunate to have an outstanding RE professional that is in tune with our wants, balanced with our needs, against their keen understanding of the idiosyncrasies of our target region.

For those RE professional and/or adroit students of the NWA residential market dynamics, are there any nuggets of wisdom, insights or recommendations, as to where to start and the most opportune options to look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 04:45 PM

218 posts, read 213,778 times
Sent you a DM. Feel free to email me directly.

Old 03-07-2022, 04:25 AM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
With a $2 million dollar budget you can live anywhere you want in Northwest Arkansas. Only a handful of residential properties with higher asking prices.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:59 PM

425 posts, read 505,477 times
With a $2m budget and an “outstanding RE”, not sure what we can offer to you.
Look at downtown Bentonville or Pinnicle area of Rogers.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Second this. I'd say the area near Coler Park, downtown Bentonville or Pinnacle will be your three best options.

Pinnacle is very nice and great if you want to be near shops. But Bentonville may have more of the arts, culture, higher-education and outdoor activities you mention.

Were you able to find a good spot?

Old 05-19-2022, 03:55 AM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockjawRoothead View Post

We’ve always been fortunate to have an outstanding RE professional that is in tune with our wants, balanced with our needs, against their keen understanding of the idiosyncrasies of our target region.

For those RE professional and/or adroit students of the NWA residential market dynamics, are there any nuggets of wisdom, insights or recommendations, as to where to start and the most opportune options to look at?
Quote:
RE is Real Estate.
RE professional would be agent or broker.

Old 05-19-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
RE is Real Estate.
RE professional would be agent or broker.
Correct. What’s your point?

Old 05-20-2022, 03:28 AM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
RE ...
Quote:
Correct. What’s your point?
Something went wrong (possibly in my head).

I thought someone asked "what is an 'RE professional' "

I suspect I was looking at a question on another forum...

Old 05-21-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Something went wrong (possibly in my head).

I thought someone asked "what is an 'RE professional' "

I suspect I was looking at a question on another forum...
It happens to all of us…

Old 06-30-2022, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,955 times
From what you described as ideal, the arts/culture areas are primarily downtown Bentonville, and to some extent downtown Fayetteville. University of Arkansas is just west of downtown Fayetteville, while Crystal Bridges Museum is just north of downtown Bentonville. For outdoor activities but not necessarily water, pretty much anywhere in NWA can accomodate. There are some beautiful neighborhoods near Coler Mtn. Bike Preserve in B'ville, but also sprinkled throughout NWA, though I'm not sure any of them have reached the age of needing ”cool rehab” yet. Bentonville was only about 20,000 people up until 2000, and now it's 55k, so majority of folks live in ”newer” homes. Many of the historic ones that are worth remodeling downtown have already been done, most of what's left are small teardowns. Garage/parking space for 4 vehicles could be tough near downtown, but if doing a new build / teardown, that's less of an issue.
If you are not yet working with a Realtor, please feel free to shoot me a message. I love digging in and finding the impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers