Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 07:17 PM

7,820 posts, read 3,415,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
65 and no makeup on a daily basis; can't be arsed, as the British say! Fortunately, I think I look fairly young for my age and don't look bad without it, possibly because I hardly ever wore makeup (just for a brief period in my teens). I never thought all that pulling and tugging on sensitive skin, especially around the eyes, putting it on and taking it off, could be good for it.

I do not think that's it though. It's probably all the things you do like exercising that keep you younger looking. Exercise generates new stem cells (as does extended water fasting). Because actually exfoliating (like from using Retin A) is what makes skin look more rejuvenated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 08:23 PM

1,937 posts, read 870,874 times
I look a lot better with makeup than without it, so I still wear it in public, but not at home, spouse knows what I look like after all this time. And if I'm out walking or hiking, sunglasses have been my go-to for years.

I've always loved makeup & consider it a art form. I never would have considered not wearing it in my work years. But that time is over so I don't want to put in the on/off work on the daily.

For those having trouble keeping eye shadow in place, try Urban Decay eyelid primer. I think ELF also makes one. Game changer.

Old 05-15-2024, 05:54 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,885,862 times
I don't wear makeup at all most days. For a special occasion I wear some eyeliner outside of eye and mascara, and some color stain for brows. Maybe a bit of highlight under brows.

Old 05-15-2024, 06:43 PM

62,099 posts, read 87,849,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
(I recently got a new computer and am ready to annihilate that pesky copilot.)

Nothing like mature eyes (that's what they call them) to make your eye shadow look crummy. Recently found a solution. Put a teensy dab of Elf Face Primer on the spot
I noticed that the cheap Baked Eyeshadows from NICKA K never crumb or crease. I put it on "naked" eyelids (no cream, primer or powder). It stays put all day long, even in high humidity.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:01 AM

9,538 posts, read 5,341,992 times
concealer and a creamy eye highlighter crayon thingee when I'm going out. At home, nada.

Old 05-16-2024, 02:19 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,057,076 times
The only time I wear any makeup at all is if I'm going out. As far as eye makeup, I only use wrinkle cream and mascara.

Old 05-16-2024, 03:28 PM

11,141 posts, read 6,728,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
66 - I don't use any eye makeup anymore. I injured my arms a few years ago and I just can't do the eyeliner anymore. Oh well. I've thought about getting permanent eyeliner though.
Same here. I quit makeup when I quit working. I can tell you the permanent eyeliner really IS. Mine is 20 years old now and still looks brand new. Same with my permanent color eyebrows. So since I have some definition to my eyes, that's enough. Used to wear mascara, but why bother in retirement, lol. Being fair and blonde, I needed something. I just wish the painful "permanent" lip color lasted. It was gone in months and oh-so-painful. The brows and eyeliner were not painful, just annoying buzzing.

Old 05-16-2024, 03:34 PM

5,470 posts, read 4,104,950 times
none. My eyelids are so droopy that any shadow would be invisible. Lashes are minimal, mascara doesn't do much.

Old 05-21-2024, 01:51 PM

48,634 posts, read 35,104,822 times
I love make-up. If I'm not going out I do not wear any. If it's the gym or similar, I'll put on a shimmer sunscreen, brows, mascara and blush. For errands I would probably add liner and some shadow. Evening? Full smokey eye.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-26-2024, 04:30 PM

20,873 posts, read 8,689,550 times
I own five eye shadow palettes from Nikol Johnson, three from her previous line and two of her newer ones. The quality of the packaging is especially nice, sturdier plastic than drugstore brands (which I always manage to break) each with its own mirror. I purged my odd assortment of shadows collected over the years, usually impulse buys from CVS. Less clutter!

I like her new eyeliner pencils this year. Softer so easier to smudge out for a softer look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty