Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 06:18 PM

24,808 posts, read 11,209,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Marie-Anne Lecoeur would agree. That is the basis of French style! The French don't like fast fashion, they like quality classics.
Then where does Marie-Anne come in? Are you working for her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 12:10 AM

20,858 posts, read 8,683,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Then where does Marie-Anne come in? Are you working for her?
There are a lot of clueless women out there. They ask for her help on livestreams and in comments.

No, I don't work for her. I've subscribed to her channel for a couple of years now. I like her content and her personality. There are so many fashion and beauty channels for women to slog through, most of which cannibalize each others content. This might save time for some.

I actually preferred her now dormant channel about French home and food. She took trips to local markets, showed us her horses and chickens, local sights in Normandie. She and her British husband bought an old stone farmhouse which they are renovating. I find that sort of thing fascinating. But she says she is too busy at the moment for two youtube channels. When her house renovations are complete we shall all get a tour! Can't wait!

Old 05-21-2024, 04:09 PM

62,082 posts, read 87,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
She talks a lot, who knows how fake the accent is, most of what I have seen here is basic common sense and a mirror. It does not take a stylist.
True. Maybe she is an influencer in France, but American women might prefer less of Grandma styles and more of TikTok attire. Also, they wear what's available in stores and their budget.
I don't think that many French women like her style. At least not younger and current trends aware. She aims for older generation, and most of those women (in France) have already defined their style.

(I will ask my French friends about her, if she is known there and influential.)

I am not dismissing her style or expertise. I am just not the type for her fashion.

Old 05-21-2024, 05:16 PM

20,858 posts, read 8,683,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
American women might prefer... TikTok attire.
TikTok attire?

So that's why American women are considered so badly dressed! And American women run up credit card debt doing it, unlike French women who believe in paying cash for most things.

Two different cultures.

Old 05-22-2024, 01:28 AM

5,041 posts, read 3,354,002 times
Not all french women dress the same. Letitia Mieral she has a youtube channel Merveilles En Papier, about her work as an artist making dollhouses. Many asked about her unusual clothes style so she did a video. She is a petite lady in her 40s.

Video link Inside my Wardrobe, time 8:49 minutes.

https://youtu.be/uftNfRybp3c?si=DUyDm5RqsMsoUI8Q

Old 05-22-2024, 01:54 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 17 days ago)

16,139 posts, read 21,276,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
Not all french women dress the same. Letitia Mieral she has a youtube channel Merveilles En Papier, about her work as an artist making dollhouses. Many asked about her unusual clothes style so she did a video. She is a petite lady in her 40s.

I'm too old and too chunky to wear those styles, BUT I have to say those textures and patterns appeal to me far more than the ones in the OP's link.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:33 AM

16,442 posts, read 12,611,323 times
Quote:

Letitia's style isn't really my thing, but I like that her style says a lot about her. It's very expressive. Marie-Anne Lecoeur's style just seems so much more generic. She seems to want everyone to look the same.

Old 05-22-2024, 10:31 AM

3,100 posts, read 2,442,922 times
Quote:

I don't speak French. Are these costumes? I can't imagine wearing these clothes on the street. They look like they're made of deadstock home decor fabric.

Old 05-22-2024, 11:12 AM

5,041 posts, read 3,354,002 times
Her videos are all in english language. She explained she buys from shops but also she knows a person who sells petite 19th century clothes ( and bedlinnens heavy cloth with embroidery ) she buys these and wears them because she fits into it. Her other videos sometimes she takes us viewers on walks and yes she dresses colorful like that in public. She has explained she gets commentary she should dress proper french style wear neutrals but that is not her style she explained to us.
I have watched many of her videos, she has her own mind and taste in things.

There is a Q & A video about questions people wanted to ask her, everything in english. See link here

https://youtu.be/4F9yGAvZaZE?si=ULMYqzsf8UuLUpaF

Last edited by Nerys52SoSilver; 05-22-2024 at 11:46 AM..

Old 05-22-2024, 12:07 PM

3,100 posts, read 2,442,922 times
OK--I must have started the video with my headphones around my neck and it sounded French.

The colors aren't the problem. It's that she looks like she took her great-grandmother's curtains, doilies and slipcovers and put them on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty