Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 09:33 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,101,952 times

Advertisements

Harem Pants , Male rompers, Shoulder Pads, Crocs, Thong underwear pulled halfway up the back.

Those clever marketing executives…they never get it wrong.

Last edited by Good Red Road; 03-23-2024 at 09:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 11:39 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
My aunt married her husband right after the war, he was an Annapolis grad, they married at the chapel there.

In their wedding photos he is in his Navy dress whites, he looks like a movie star.

The bride was beautiful and so was the groom!
I'd love to see that picture! The chapel there is beautiful, too. I'll bet they looked like movie stars!

Old 03-23-2024, 11:55 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I agree. It makes me wonder what Tangerine and Kiwi green are appropriate colors for which gender to wear. I've certainly seen enough men wear them as florals in Hawaiian shirts, but perhaps solid colors are different. TBH, I don't really care, as long as the colors go with ones' skin tone.
Oh, I am not arguing at all. I think ALL colors are appropriate for everyone!

I was just curious about when pink became very popular among mostly, WASP. conservative professionals and businessmen. https://pics3.city-data.com/forum/im...lies/smile.gif

Not ALL MEN wear pink. Or Tangerine or Kiwi Green. But, I love it when they do.

There are many men who avoid any color that they don't see as "masculine".

In the 1980s there was a funny book that was popular at the time - "The Preppy Handbook".

The author talks about preppy clothes, habits, decor and areas of the country with preppy enclaves in the US. In it, the author mentions something called "Go to Hell Pants" which are wild colors that usually include lime green, coral, kiwi, and PINK. They are bright floral pants favored by the Country Clob set and often paired with a pink polo or V neck sweater.

Let me see if I can find a link. - Here - https://issuu.com/fiyero109/docs/toph

Old 03-24-2024, 12:21 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Pale pink shirt is a best match for a gray or navy suit. Confident men aren't afraid to wear colors.
In other words - the color of your clothes doesn't define masculinity, confidence does.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:34 AM

3,071 posts, read 1,994,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Pale pink shirt is a best match for a gray or navy suit. Confident men aren't afraid to wear colors.
In other words - the color of your clothes doesn't define masculinity, confidence does.
Hey, El...

You're right. Shade of color is important.

When someone says 'men in pink shirts' I initially think of hot pink, like the denim skirt I own. But, there are so many variations of any color. Sometimes even a pastel is too bold... depends on many variables.

I've seen lovely men's shirts that appear to be white but kinda, sorta have a soft glint of pink or blue & I can't really tell for sure until I hold it next to something solid white... like the way I don't always see navy blue & have to hold it next to a solid black to double check.

Those subtle hues often look better on most to my eye.

Old 03-25-2024, 11:51 AM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Just following the Barbie trend. I've never owned or worn anything pink but I'm willing to do so, if my partner wants us to pair up.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:18 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I ignore color dictates by the fashion industry. Not everyone looks good in the particular hot color of the season.

Everyone should get their colors done. You will save time and money when you shop. I recommend Jennifer Butler Color. Expensive but thorough.

https://jenniferbutlercolor.com/services/

By the way, Jennifer Butler was a Mademoiselle Magazine guest editor in the late '60s or early '70s. Some of you may remember that contest for college women. Sylvia Plath was a guest editor as was Joan Didion!

Last edited by PilgrimsProgress; 03-25-2024 at 10:27 PM..

Old 03-26-2024, 09:34 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,679,170 times
Pink's a rather distinct color in that it SHOUTS. A light pink is very delicate, and hot pink screams attention - both of which many men don't want. Pink was my father's favorite color but he would have eaten glass before wearing it. LOL!!! I never had a problem with men wearing pink but that's just me.

Old 03-26-2024, 10:04 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
The bf has a pink BB shirt. It's light in color and looks good on him.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:31 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Pink is one of the colors for Palermo FC's kit.

You value your life very cheaply (and or physical safety) if you make any snide or rude remarks directly to any Palermo football player and or team supporters.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/palermo-fc/2024/2/

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/...third-kit.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty