Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 04:05 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times

Advertisements

I didn't read all the posts but it's not a "new" trend, started more than 15-20 yrs. ago and is long gone IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 07:27 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times
No. 20 years ago I noticed it. Now I notice people who are well dressed and put together. They're the rarity, not pajamas.

Old 08-26-2023, 09:00 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,997,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think it's the message the wearer gives off. So unmotivated that you couldn't be bothered to change out of what you slept in.

I don't think anyone is talking about just plain "cotton knit pants", but plaid flannels, fleece with Xmas or cartoon patterns, etc.
Good points, MK.

When I saw this trend in Denver (PJ pants with Uggs), I didn't know what to make of it, but my bf at the time had a college aged daughter & said it was de rigueur, rebellious trend with younger girls.

Fair enough... I recall wearing giant bell bottoms that hung on the ground as a teen & we loved that our parents thought we were nuts.

Old 08-27-2023, 07:33 AM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Good points, MK.

When I saw this trend in Denver (PJ pants with Uggs), I didn't know what to make of it, but my bf at the time had a college aged daughter & said it was de rigueur, rebellious trend with younger girls.

Fair enough... I recall wearing giant bell bottoms that hung on the ground as a teen & we loved that our parents thought we were nuts.
Yes, and if the hems got all ripped up from dragging on the ground, so much the better.

Old 08-27-2023, 07:53 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think it's the message the wearer gives off. So unmotivated that you couldn't be bothered to change out of what you slept in.
I don't think that anyone is actually wearing what they wore to sleep in as street clothes (at least I hope not.) Most people have "daytime pajamas" or loungewear that ends up being what they might have on when they run into Starbucks to pick up their mobile order.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:12 AM

814 posts, read 442,633 times
I'm 61 and have been wearing "PJ's" outside for years. It's my version of sweats.

I wear them when wearing sweats would also be appropriate.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
the OP has never been to walmart .
My first Belly Laugh of the day! Thank you. I loved my 70s orange Pinto Hatchback, btw...loved.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:42 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,005,048 times
At this point in time, I'm happy to see people wearing something, anything. At least they are not in their underwear. Or naked.

But in 10 years or even less...you never know...

Old 08-27-2023, 09:55 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
There seems to be trend now it seems of young people wearing pajama pants out in public.

I was at fast food place today and there was these two girls one wearing pink pajama pants and other girl red checkered pajama pants and flip flops.

Anyone notice new trend now it seems of young people wearing pajama pants out in public? Well obviously some cities seem to me more trend than other cities.
Where have you been for the last two decades decades???

I was a high school English teacher in DFW TX area
I retired 20 yrs ago and had students wearing pj pants to class all the time
Believe me—that was better than the girls who wore short skirts so anyone could see their underwear when they were sitting down
You have to take factors like that into account when you arrange your seating

Old 08-27-2023, 10:20 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,698 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think that anyone is actually wearing what they wore to sleep in as street clothes ....
They certainly wear them as 'airplane clothes', complete with tthe fluffy slippers.

5-7am flights look like they are making a nightime trip to the potty, and decided to board a flight. I've wondered if they were sleep walking and ended up at the airport.

Looks pretty obvious they didn't 'get-ready' to go out into public.

They crawled out of bed and somehow arrived at the airport.

Imagine flying all day and arriving in your pjs!, or getting delayed a few days at an airport connection stuck in PJ's .

I have wondered if they remembered to bring any other clothes along.

I'm safe, I have no PJ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty