Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,971,677 times

Advertisements

Coconut oil is antifungal.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM

149 posts, read 348,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have tried coconut oil/baking soda. It worked well. But one time I had a reaction. Probably to the essential oils in the blend i used. But it is a cheap option. And moisturizing.
Any problems with oil stains on your clothing? I've been looking for a more natural alternative to the traditional deodorants. It seems most have some sort of oil in them. I'd hate to ruin all my clothing with oil stains!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,985 times
Use LIMES though not lemons, lemons are weaker. I had heard this from my dad. The other night, I ended up staying at my friend's apartment instead of going all the way home, the next day, a nice plan to go out for brunch with some neighbor girls came up. I showered, my friend lent me a T-shirt of his but said he didn't have any unopened deodorant that he could let me use. Once we got to the place where we were having brunch, I remembered my dad's tip, I discretely asked the bartender for a lime on the way to the bathroom and rubbed it into my armpits in the restroom. It lasted the whole day! even after going to a crowded bar to watch a game, then a meetup. In the evening I had forgotten that I had done the lime thing earlier because I didn't smell anything, when I thought about it, I quickly took a whiff and nothing, I even rubbed my finger and nothing. This worked so much better than the women's Lemongrass Tom's that I had been using (I am a guy), I would buy the women's lemongrass deodorant because it worked way better than the Tom's for men. It must've been the Lemongrass. I'm going to try pure lemon a couple more times and if I get the same results, I'm switching over to lime.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,482,427 times
I have tried lemon and found it sticky.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 AM

84 posts, read 106,572 times
I use rose water or baking soda to prevent from sweating problem.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,950 times
Lime works great. I have been using since I was a teenager and it was 20 years ago. My father taught me that

Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,854 times
i saw it couple of weeks ago on youtube. I thought it was funny so i try it. ...... and amazingly it really worked. Like andresd i smell it after a days of being active outside.. no smelly armpit

Old 08-29-2013, 09:27 AM

8 posts, read 11,465 times
Awesome, I will try a lime or lemon. I have tried Tom's, the crystal deoderant and even baking soda (which caused a reaction, darkened my underarms but it eventually went away).

Old 07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,761,774 times
I use lime as well. A few years back I was going through my bathroom chemicals, loads and loads of chemicals, in an effort to get rid of all of them, or at least most I could. I read about baking soda and tried it out for a bit, but it stung a bit so I stopped using it. Then I tried lemon, then lime. I liked the smell of lime a bit more so that is what I use. I did also try essential oils, they did work somewhat, however, they never did anything for the smell it was just a mask and they made stains on my shirts. The lime I feel goes in and neutralizes the BO and leaves it smelling like lime, it works for a good enough that I use it as my main deodorant.

Other alternatives are natural herbs, different mints reduced to a strong herbal tea and used under the arms.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,785,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Hmmm, BO occurs because bacteria break down the proteins in our sweat into acids. So it certainly isn't the acids in the juice that would prevent the bacteria.

Do the people who use this find that they still sweat as much it just doesn't smell? Or is it acting as an antiperspirant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty