Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2024, 07:37 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
Seems like the Russian police to their sweet time responding to the attack.
Putin needed an event like this to push for a new mobilization of troops against Ukraine. He is blaming Ukraine for the attack. This brings back memory of the Moscow apartment bombings that he orchestrated so he could start a war with the Chechen.

Ukraine would not be so stupid to do this, as it would hurt their reputation in the international community at a time when Ukraine needs all the help it can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 06:50 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
My heart goes out to the grieving families in Moscow and all the people fearing for their safety after the terrorist attacked. The Russian people, whose innocent civilians are not complicit for the crimes of Vladimir Putin’s regime, already has many families grieving the loss of so many young soldiers in such a pointless war. ISIS knows they are finished and those responsible for coordinating this attack will undoubtedly be dealt with powerfully
This is how I feel as well. Not to dismiss what Putin has done by invading Ukraine but no one deserves this type of senseless attack.

As far as Putin trying to implicate Ukraine, I'm skeptical.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:03 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This is how I feel as well. Not to dismiss what Putin has done by invading Ukraine but no one deserves this type of senseless attack.

As far as Putin trying to implicate Ukraine, I'm skeptical.
Of course this is horrible. The one thing I fear if I were to return to Russia (if that ever becomes a possibility again), is a random terrorist attack of this nature, though they generally occur in Moscow and perhaps a few other major cities in European Russia. If I were to go to Moscow or St. Pete, I'd be a little worried about a subway station attack or theater or shopping mall attack.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:21 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
There’s families in Russia that were probably much more neutral with regards to the Ukraine before their sons got conscripted and sent to fight there. I know Putin’s approval rating is pretty high in Russia but I don’t think we can get anywhere by painting the whole country as complicit. If hypothetically Moscow got attacked by Ukraine and some civilians died in collateral damage, it’s a very different situation than a terrorist attack directly on civilians like this. Trust me, I’m no Russian apologist. Putin is responsible for every single one of his peoples’ deaths as a result of the war he started
Putin got to where he is because Russian people allowed it. They have no one else to blame but themselves. And that is if they even blame him. Most Russians prefer it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If that's true, why have mobs of young-to-middle-aged men flooded the borders to flee conscription or potential criminal charges for their journalism on the war? That doesn't sound like complicity to me. Two desperate guys on Chukotka actually risked their lives to reach Alaska in a fishing skiff, rather than submit to the recruiter repeatedly coming to their apartments.

In Russia, people vote with their feet, since the ballot boxes are broken...
There will always be exceptions just like Sophie and Hans Scholl, doesn't excuse the numerous crimes committed by the Russian people.

Ukraine is the ongoing one, but Russia has committed atrocities after atrocities after atrocities to its neighbours and not once have the Russian people looked back and repented. Everything is other people's fault and Russia is always the victim. They deserve no respect and no sympathy.

Old Today, 02:02 PM

187 posts, read 38,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Ukraine is the ongoing one, but Russia has committed atrocities after atrocities after atrocities to its neighbours and not once have the Russian people looked back and repented. Everything is other people's fault and Russia is always the victim. They deserve no respect and no sympathy.
Russians have warned countless times that supporting the coup in Ukraine and further expansion of NATO is not acceptable. Maybe next time you'll listen to Russians when they say stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe