Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2022, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,637 times

Advertisements

a few quick questions for Eugene/Eugene area residents...

1) Is there a major fault line running thru Eugene (or the Eugene area)? or is it to the west of Eugene?

2) Also, what nearby towns/suburbs would you recommend that are near Eugene but more affordable? ( we ideally would like a two bed, detached home with a garage and yard. We are willing to live about 15-20 mins outside Eugene.)

3) Lastly, are there any specific areas that are more prone to flooding? ( I would obvs check to see if a specific property is located in a flood zone or not, but just wondering if there are any specific areas that tend to be more susceptible...) any honest input is greatly appreciated. thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 09:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
I'm only going to respond to the second question; you can find the answers to the other two online (though I've never known Eugene to have any real flood issues).

Things are slightly less expensive in Veneta to Eugene's west, but I wouldn't live there.

You could check Lowell/Jasper to the east, but prices are only going to be slightly less than Eugene. Junction City, maybe.

Coburg is probably the nicest smaller town near Eugene, but prices may be higher.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-21-2022 at 09:44 PM..

Old 05-25-2022, 11:38 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,559,522 times
"Back in the day" the River Road area was subject to flooding. With the advent of computer-controlled dams upstream of the Willamette it hasn't been a problem.

Old 06-10-2022, 02:34 PM

248 posts, read 451,820 times
I agree with the other responses about affordability. Housing prices are expensive in Eugene and the surrounding area. Most of the prices in the smaller towns have risen also - Creswell, Cottage Grove, Veneta, etc. It used to be much less expensive in Springfield but I think that has changed also. Maybe Junction City? Also, 15-20 minutes doesn't really get you very far out of town and many of the "towns" you see on the map aren't towns in the sense that they can provide all you need for daily living. You really should come here and drive around before thinking about purchasing a home. I would recommend renting first but the housing market is so tight that rentals are very hard to find.

Old 01-21-2024, 03:25 PM

1,982 posts, read 969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarswitheagles View Post
I agree with the other responses about affordability. Housing prices are expensive in Eugene and the surrounding area. Most of the prices in the smaller towns have risen also - Creswell, Cottage Grove, Veneta, etc. It used to be much less expensive in Springfield but I think that has changed also. Maybe Junction City? Also, 15-20 minutes doesn't really get you very far out of town and many of the "towns" you see on the map aren't towns in the sense that they can provide all you need for daily living. You really should come here and drive around before thinking about purchasing a home. I would recommend renting first but the housing market is so tight that rentals are very hard to find.
That is very helpful, thank you.

How would you rate the health care availability system and options in the Eugene area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area