Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 03:37 AM

4,599 posts, read 3,428,562 times

Advertisements

I got a gut feeling that we all need to watch Pittsburgh, I nice early east coast area. I think Biden will badly underperform Allegheny County, and everything will go down hill from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 08:16 AM

35,335 posts, read 17,245,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
There is absolutely no way Trump could ever win NY or NJ.
Most of the conservatives/Republicans moved to Florida lol
If Biden has to put resources into those states to ensure victory that hurts. They are expensive media markets.

Old 05-15-2024, 08:22 AM

30,732 posts, read 19,397,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If Biden has to put resources into those states to ensure victory that hurts. They are expensive media markets.
True but could you envision NY or Cali in play for Repubs unless they completely changed their candidates and political positions?

Old 05-15-2024, 08:44 AM

8,147 posts, read 7,527,147 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
True but could you envision NY or Cali in play for Repubs unless they completely changed their candidates and political positions?
All Trump has to do to get free Metro area media is show up at a fire house and hand out pizza, or to visit a Harlem bodega and talk about crime.

That stupid Alvin Bragg trial is blowing up on the Democrat party in ways they never dreamed of. Trump wouldn't even be campaigning in Manhattan if he didn't have to attend the trial.

Old 05-15-2024, 08:57 AM

35,335 posts, read 17,245,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, see link below, Minnesota poll shows Trump beating Biden View Single Post. NYC has a large blue collar population that came to life for Giuliani in 1994. It could happen again. As far as California, it has an Asian population that recalled San Francisco's woke DA, Chesa Boudin. California has a long, conservative Republican history that elected governors such as Reagan, Deukmejian, Pete Wilson and Schwarzenegger. Except for Johnson's 1964 presidential landslide, it was relatively reliably Republican for a long time. Think The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. New York is actually a tougher nut to crack, in my opinion.

Even if neither can be flipped this time, I think the Republicans (for the record I am a Democrat) should seek to put them in play. They are expensive media markets, and crucial states which the Democrats must defend.

Old 05-15-2024, 12:32 PM

30,732 posts, read 19,397,935 times
Quote:
Yes, see link below, Minnesota poll shows Trump beating Biden View Single Post. NYC has a large blue collar population that came to life for Giuliani in 1994. It could happen again. As far as California, it has an Asian population that recalled San Francisco's woke DA, Chesa Boudin. California has a long, conservative Republican history that elected governors such as Reagan, Deukmejian, Pete Wilson and Schwarzenegger. Except for Johnson's 1964 presidential landslide, it was relatively reliably Republican for a long time. Think The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. New York is actually a tougher nut to crack, in my opinion.

Even if neither can be flipped this time, I think the Republicans (for the record I am a Democrat) should seek to put them in play. They are expensive media markets, and crucial states which the Democrats must defend.
We agree on Minnesota but New York and Cali are essentially a 1 party system at the state levels, I see Repubs spending resources there would be a wasted effort. A northeast Repub or possibly Niki Haley would make NY at least respectable. I will say that it now looks like New Jersey might come into play for Trump if things continue down spiraling for Joe.

Old 05-15-2024, 02:44 PM

8,147 posts, read 7,527,147 times
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a new Minnesota poll came out on the evening of 5/14, showing Biden +2 (44-42) with MOE of 4.3. There were 4 choices: Trump, Biden, Other, and Undecided. Other (mostly RFK, Cornell West, Jill Stein) got 9 and Undecided stands at 5.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/pol...trump-vs-biden
625 LV's surveyed 5/8-5/11

Minnesota is clearly in play, and may swing to Trump. Even if a lot of people with the lever for RFK (reminiscent of Jesse Ventura) it hurts Biden more than Trump.

Edit: I see the KSTP poll was mentioned last night in Post #71.

Last edited by jtab4994; 05-15-2024 at 02:54 PM..

Old 05-17-2024, 02:29 PM

52,977 posts, read 34,809,429 times
Donald Trump Heads to Blue Minnesota in Hopes of Flipping the State
Quote:
Former President Donald Trump is appearing in blue Minnesota on Friday, delivering the keynote address at the Minnesota Republican Party’s Lincoln Reagan Dinner as all eyes are on traditionally blue strongholds that the former president hopes to flip in November.
i wonder what the turnout will be compared to NJ.

Old 05-17-2024, 05:12 PM

8,389 posts, read 6,491,188 times
Everybody knows this debate will be rigged to the max. Democrat moderators are all Trump haters. Democrats will feed Biden the questions and have him practice his answers over and over.
Trump cant back out or they'll say hes afraid.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:35 PM

13,451 posts, read 7,450,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Everybody knows this debate will be rigged to the max. Democrat moderators are all Trump haters. Democrats will feed Biden the questions and have him practice his answers over and over.
Trump cant back out or they'll say hes afraid.
Whatever it takes to win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections