Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: With 6 months till the election how confident are you?
I am more confident now that Trump will win 37 45.68%
I am more confident now that Biden will win 29 35.80%
I am less confident Trump will win 10 12.35%
I am less confident Biden will win. 5 6.17%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 07:14 AM

10,540 posts, read 7,072,546 times

Advertisements

Trump will win with votes, but the question is will a rigged election, and how will the media/big tech help Biden win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 07:27 AM

6,230 posts, read 5,142,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
partially true yes.

But when Trump sez 'I added to the budget x dollars to hire more 100K cops' (and he did) and Biden sez 'I cut funding from the budget for police (and he did) where and how did those dollars (or lack thereof) affect said municipalities?

And of course that ignores the fact that blue states, counties, cities and towns pretty much echo their larger brethren in this world of idiocy.
Where did Biden cut the budget for police?

Old 05-07-2024, 07:32 AM

5,099 posts, read 1,681,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I hate to give you good information, but the President has nothing to do with how cities and states choose to fund their law enforcement agencies. Police funding is largely a municipal decision.

and largely defunded(budget cuts) in areas of Democrat leadership sadly. I'm not sure you meant to cut your own kneecaps off, how embarassing for you. We love the police in my area of the country which thankfully isnt a liberal hellhole though the darn New Yorkers keep invading my state.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:22 AM

5,956 posts, read 4,214,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
and largely defunded(budget cuts) in areas of Democrat leadership sadly. I'm not sure you meant to cut your own kneecaps off, how embarassing for you. We love the police in my area of the country which thankfully isnt a liberal hellhole though the darn New Yorkers keep invading my state.
If you admit that it is a local decision, how is this a relevant issue in a Presidential race?

I suspect you aren't interested in a real discussion, though.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:24 AM

5,956 posts, read 4,214,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Wrong. States get Billions from the Feds and the Feds use those Billions like a hammer. If the States don't do what the Feds want..WHACK...right over the head....less $ for you.
I didn't say the Federal government didn't have the power to force states to use money a certain way. But I'm guessing you generally believe in states' rights? So why would you want the Federal government wielding its power to force states to act a certain way on an issue that has always been up to states and cities?

And how many states and cities do you think have actually defunded the police? Care to name them?

Last edited by Wittgenstein's Ghost; 05-07-2024 at 08:38 AM..

Old 05-07-2024, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
That whole "defunding police" is a red herring. It was on the ballot in Mpls and got defeated, but is hardly a nationwide thing. Biden has gone on record several times saying he does not favor defunding police.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:03 AM

13,555 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
That whole "defunding police" is a red herring. It was on the ballot in Mpls and got defeated, but is hardly a nationwide thing. Biden has gone on record several times saying he does not favor defunding police.

It's call double talk. Your true colors really pop up here with each day. Biden has NEVER told many of his party to knock it off about defunding the police cr@p. He even gave support to the BLM riots in 2020 with his silence and giving BLM positive remarks. You had Kamala Harris saying in public that she will pay their bail during the riot arrests. Joe never called out the people of his party for calling the police racists and that they were killing black people as a national policy. Joe really goes after Trump supporters,that he will go after even using U.S. Marines and the American flags in the background on a national tv speeches. On them, Joe will go after but going after his own party and the attacks on the American police overall, nope, he will allow it as long that it helps him politically and gets him votes.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:35 AM

13,888 posts, read 8,086,228 times
Yesterday RCP spoke with social scientist to discussed crime and why are some Americans are more relucent to report a crime and why arrest rates are down in parts of the country. Interesting. 22.10 mark
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_vietnam.html

Last edited by john3232; 05-07-2024 at 10:55 AM..

Old 05-07-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It's call double talk. Your true colors really pop up here with each day. Biden has NEVER told many of his party to knock it off about defunding the police cr@p. He even gave support to the BLM riots in 2020 with his silence and giving BLM positive remarks. .
Revisionism again and again. No one fact checks you on here so I will. Biden condemned the violence immediately.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN25V2NI/

Old 05-07-2024, 02:52 PM

13,555 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Revisionism again and again. No one fact checks you on here so I will. Biden condemned the violence immediately.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN25V2NI/

Was that before or after he picked Kamala Harris as his VP in 2020. Like I said, double talk. Joe is good at that. A politician in government since 1973 and he wants another 4 years. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhlGqeJRaHg

When did Joe condemn BLM? I missed that speech. Was it after Obama invited them to the W.H. or after Kamala praised them? but he sure goes after MAGA directly and mentions them by name in his public attacks using the Presidential platform with U.S. Marines and the American flags in his background

You should be Joe's speech writer for the 2024 Democrat convention speech. You 2 have a lot in common in blowing bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections