Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for President in 2024
Donald Trump 83 51.88%
Joe Biden 55 34.38%
RFK Jr. 7 4.38%
Someone Else 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 05:47 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,759,184 times

Advertisements

Someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 06:04 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,839 times
Someone else as I have done in the past 3 POTUS elections.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:18 PM

17,674 posts, read 6,934,986 times
How sad that there are 22 people who endorse an open border, and the human trafficking, child rape, fentanyl overdoses, and destruction of our country that comes along with another Biden term.

If Biden wins, everyone who votes for him will hopefully be a victim of the open border.

Old 04-14-2024, 12:25 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,225,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How sad that there are 22 people who endorse an open border, and the human trafficking, child rape, fentanyl overdoses, and destruction of our country that comes along with another Biden term.

If Biden wins, everyone who votes for him will hopefully be a victim of the open border.
We will never be able to end the divisiveness in this country if people refuse to understand that the people on the other side actually have legitimate reasons for their choice. I don't assume a Biden voter is choosing Biden because he or she "endorse[s] an open border, and the human trafficking, child rape, fentanyl overdoses, and destruction of our country" and more than I believe a Trump voter "endorses taking away women's rights and destruction of the Constitution" or whatever equivalent you could add in there. We get one vote for president, not one vote on every single salient issue. So we all have to weigh the issues and make our own choices. I am unaware of a single politician that I agree with on every single issue. So if I vote for that person it does not mean I "endorse" every single view that person has, or every single approach to a problem, etc. Until people start accepting that people of other views may simply have other views and not that these other people proactively wish the destruction of the country because that is what one's own belief is will happen, we are destined to be further and further divided.

There was a time when people could accept other views as legitimate and still argue why they believe their views are the better approach. That is true debate.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am one of the "someone else" voters in the poll.

Last edited by CrowGirl; 04-14-2024 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: fix typo

Old 04-14-2024, 12:34 PM

514 posts, read 271,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowgirl View Post
we will never be able to end the divisiveness in this country if people refuse to understand that the people on the other side actually have legitimate reasons for their choice. I don't assume a biden voter is choosing biden because he or she "endorse[s] an open border, and the human trafficking, child rape, fentanyl overdoses, and destruction of our country" and more than i believe a trump voter "endorses taking away women's rights and destruction of the constitution" or whatever equivalent you could add in there. We get one vote for president, not one vote on every single salient issue. So we all have to weight the issues and make our own choices. I am unaware of a single politician that i agree with on every single issue. So if i vote for that person it does not mean i "endorse" every single view that person has, or every single approach to a problem, etc. Until people start accepting that people of other views may simply have other views and not that these other people proactively wish the destruction of the country because that is what one's own belief is will happen, we are destined to be further and further divided.

There was a time when people could accept other views as legitimate and still argue why they believe their views are the better approach. That is true debate.

In the interest of full disclose, i am one of the "someone else" voters in the poll.
This !!!

Old 04-14-2024, 04:23 PM

583 posts, read 306,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
We will never be able to end the divisiveness in this country if people refuse to understand that the people on the other side actually have legitimate reasons for their choice. I don't assume a Biden voter is choosing Biden because he or she "endorse[s] an open border, and the human trafficking, child rape, fentanyl overdoses, and destruction of our country" and more than I believe a Trump voter "endorses taking away women's rights and destruction of the Constitution" or whatever equivalent you could add in there. We get one vote for president, not one vote on every single salient issue. So we all have to weigh the issues and make our own choices. I am unaware of a single politician that I agree with on every single issue. So if I vote for that person it does not mean I "endorse" every single view that person has, or every single approach to a problem, etc. Until people start accepting that people of other views may simply have other views and not that these other people proactively wish the destruction of the country because that is what one's own belief is will happen, we are destined to be further and further divided.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am one of the "someone else" voters in the poll.
I agree. The attitude behind cancel culture is those yu disagree with a ent worth human treatment. Left consider fed gov their god and right doesn’t trust it as it intrudes on all aspects of life not very competently. The dicide is so great it makes me consider leaving this over debted mess. Interest on our debt will destroy us long before climate change. A carrington event may get us sooner too.

Old 04-14-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post

There is no equivalent statement for Trump, because Trump didn’t try to destroy the country by opening the borders.

If someone votes for Biden they are voting for an open border.

Old 04-14-2024, 05:30 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,465,221 times
Quote:
If someone votes for Biden they are voting for an open border.
Simply not true, not true at all.

Many people will vote for President Biden because Republicans have not put up a better candidate than the disgraced and disgraceful Donald Trump. His grifting presidency was the longest, most exhausting and saddest four years in this country during my lifetime.

Y'all had your chance to put someone else on the ticket, but since you didn't, prepare for another Biden victory.

Old 04-14-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Simply not true, not true at all.

Many people will vote for President Biden because Republicans have not put up a better candidate than the disgraced and disgraceful Donald Trump. His grifting presidency was the longest, most exhausting and saddest four years in this country during my lifetime.

Y'all had your chance to put someone else on the ticket, but since you didn't, prepare for another Biden victory.
It’s absolutely true, you’re just in denial about it. Truth be told it’s not just Biden. Any vote for any Democrat is a vote for an open border and the human trafficking child rape and drug overdoses that come with an open border.

You can vote for a candidate other than Trump who won’t have an open border. You won’t because you endorse an open border and will vote for Biden to keep it open.

Old 04-14-2024, 09:16 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,798,617 times
Quote:
It’s absolutely true, you’re just in denial about it. Truth be told it’s not just Biden. Any vote for any Democrat is a vote for an open border and the human trafficking child rape and drug overdoses that come with an open border.

You can vote for a candidate other than Trump who won’t have an open border. You won’t because you endorse an open border and will vote for Biden to keep it open.
At this point it's not worth arguing with you. This is the narrative that you want to try to carry forward with so be it. The thing that I would be concerned with is how many low engagement voters you will be able to convince that what you are saying is actually true. The only thing that I can hope, is that they realize how ridiculous this stance is and that it can't possibly be true. I put it up there with the belief that all pro-choice people believe in abortion up until the moment of birth. These statements defy logic and while it's probably a lost cause to try to make Trump supporters see it, I think that others are open minded enough to see reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections