Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 09:45 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times

Advertisements

This regime will not go down quietly, and w/o a fight.

I think refusal to certify the election results is a very likely move the radical left could take, if Trump wins.

note: this thread hypothetically assumes Trump wins, its not a thread to debate IF Trump wins. Start another thread to debate that.

I'm not sure what happens next if they pull that. Besides cause delays to certification, what else might occur during the delay?

Last time, nearly every court would NOT take on any lawsuits contending the results. They'd dismiss them procedurally...no standing was a common reason, wrong jurisdiction, ect.. The courts wanted nothing to do with election tampering proceedings.

Will they repeat the same rulings, or would it be different this time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 10:16 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,204,617 times
I think if Trump wins by the landslide margin that many members of this forum expect, most politicians outside the fringe left will accept the result and he'll take office in January 2025 with little drama. Rational Democrats will understand it's better to move on and regroup for the midterms and future cycles.

If he prevails by just a few electoral votes and there are numerous controversies throughout the counting process, it's easier to see extensive litigation, roadblocks with the certification and objections from many voices on the left.

Old 04-06-2024, 10:22 AM

45,326 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I think if Trump wins by the landslide margin that many members of this forum expect, most politicians outside the fringe left will accept the result and he'll take office in January 2025 with little drama. Rational Democrats will understand it's better to move on and regroup for the midterms and future cycles.

If he prevails by just a few electoral votes and there are numerous controversies throughout the counting process, it's easier to see extensive litigation, roadblocks with the certification and objections from many voices on the left.
Except for the riots, especially in DC, that there were in 2017. I'm sure Mayor Bowser will once again forbid any DC high school marching bands to participate in the parade as they've done historically for every other modern President.

Old 04-06-2024, 10:42 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Historically, the Democrats have complained and whined, but have accepted the results without any major issues. Other than Florida in 2000, which was really a statistical tie and the court's involvement reasonable, I do not recall any major attempts by Democrats to overturn an election.

I believe the courts would act in the same manner if the same types of cases were filed as in 2020.

Old 04-06-2024, 11:00 AM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
After the election half the country is going to be very pissed off.

Best we can hope for is a clear-cut winner.

Old 04-06-2024, 12:32 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Of course the Dems will do everything they can to stall the Election results.

If it is challenged in courts and the cases are dismissed like they were so quickly in 2020 the Left will flip out and scream about the Right Wing Trump appointed judges etc etc .............

If Trump wins we are in for a rocky ride. If Trump loses the ride might just be over.

I just wonder if "their" people storm the WH or the Capitol IF they will call it an insurrection or merely a "peaceful protest" where a few bad actors expressed their anger and took it a bit too far?

Old 04-06-2024, 06:01 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This regime will not go down quietly, and w/o a fight.

I think refusal to certify the election results is a very likely move the radical left could take, if Trump wins.

note: this thread hypothetically assumes Trump wins, its not a thread to debate IF Trump wins. Start another thread to debate that.

I'm not sure what happens next if they pull that. Besides cause delays to certification, what else might occur during the delay?

Last time, nearly every court would NOT take on any lawsuits contending the results. They'd dismiss them procedurally...no standing was a common reason, wrong jurisdiction, ect.. The courts wanted nothing to do with election tampering proceedings.

Will they repeat the same rulings, or would it be different this time?

You simply have no clue about the Court rulings.

Old 04-06-2024, 06:27 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Dems certified Trump win in 2016. If Trump wins again they'll do the same in 2024.

This thread is 100% projection.

Old 04-06-2024, 06:39 PM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Historically, the Democrats have complained and whined, but have accepted the results without any major issues. Other than Florida in 2000, which was really a statistical tie and the court's involvement reasonable, I do not recall any major attempts by Democrats to overturn an election.

I believe the courts would act in the same manner if the same types of cases were filed as in 2020.
This is not the Democrat party of the past...these wingnuts are hard left radicals...dictator wannabes.

My opinion..no links

Old 04-06-2024, 09:23 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Not sure, but I’ll tell you what WONT happen:

Biden won’t call on supporters to March to the Capitol and “fight like hell”.

Biden won’t tell VP Harris to reject the EC votes for Trump in favor of alternate ballots for Biden.

Biden won’t refuse to concede for years after the election is over.

Democrats won’t make up a bunch of fake stories about voter fraud.

Democrats won’t spread a bunch of Russian propaganda designed to destabilize our electoral system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections