Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 10:34 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I haven't missed casting a vote in a Presidential election since 1976. I've cringed a few times at the options on the ballot, and cast my vote sometimes for a D and sometimes for an R. This upcoming election in November is the first one where I would rather vote "none of the above" than for Trump or Biden.

"Anyone Else" would get my vote if the person is of sound mind, a good communicator and between the ages of 35 and 65 or so. I've had enough of the old dudes that should have been retired a decade or more ago, and I say this as a retired 69 year old. Like others have said, he probably doesn't have the political machine needed get on the ballot anywhere beyond the Lone Star State (aka Texas).
Agree.

Btw, it is very interesting how many people voted in Tuesday, April 2's primaries, who did not vote for Biden OR Trump, even though the other Democrat and Republican candidates have all dropped out. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-primary.html

It seems that many people are voting their displeasure rather than their support for either candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 11:11 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Agree.

Btw, it is very interesting how many people voted in Tuesday, April 2's primaries, who did not vote for Biden OR Trump, even though the other Democrat and Republican candidates have all dropped out. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-primary.html

It seems that many people are voting their displeasure rather than their support for either candidate.
Something that I have been saying on CD for a number of years....that no one should be voting for either of the two.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:38 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Agree.

I think most have realized, even before the primaries began, that Trump and Biden would be the candidates, thus getting out to vote didn't make any sense at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Something that I have been saying on CD for a number of years....that no one should be voting for either of the two.
I see voting as both a right and a responsibility of a citizen, and if things continue as they are, I think we are looking at losing that right. The reality is either Biden or Trump will be elected, of course, the Dems are still trying to eliminate the competition for Biden, as they did with those others that wanted to run against Biden in the primary.

One can vote a 3rd party protest vote, and not vote at all, but the reality is that the real choices are Trump or Biden. For me, it is an easy choice, Trump for the save!

Those that want someone else, no one else was really stepping up. I suppose the Dems were fearful to go against Biden, as we know how the Dems deal with dissenters, and the Republican field was equally bleak. Dig up some people that are viable, and maybe you'll improve your choices!

Old 04-04-2024, 02:10 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A Texas man has changed his name to "Literally Anybody Else" and is running for President. Formerly known as Dustin Ebey, the math teacher must now secure 113,000 voter signatures so he can appear on the TX ballot beneath Trump and Biden.

What on earth would happen if he won?
On the Democratic Primary ballot on Tuesday, since it was April Fools Day, I wrote in Donald J. Trump. Of the 8 proffered delegates I voted for George Latimer, our County Executive and candidate for House. I wrote in George Washington, John Adams,Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson and James Polk as remaining delegates.

Old 04-04-2024, 04:24 PM

103 posts, read 60,069 times
That's an old Kennedy trick

https://thewestendmuseum.org/history...wo-joe-russos/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A Texas man has changed his name to "Literally Anybody Else" and is running for President. Formerly known as Dustin Ebey, the math teacher must now secure 113,000 voter signatures so he can appear on the TX ballot beneath Trump and Biden.

What on earth would happen if he won?

Old 04-07-2024, 09:22 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
He’s got my vote. Anything other than these two retards.
Echo.

Old 04-07-2024, 09:26 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've been saying it also. We have 2 losers here. Let's use this mess as a catalyst for change from this sad two-party system.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 04-07-2024 at 09:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections