Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 02:35 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times

Advertisements

Abortion rights are back in the hands of the states as it should be. People are more worried about crime, immigrants and their food bills these days. The abortion issue is not going to flip anything but I'll be happy to revisit this thread after the election to gloat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 03:38 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
So the right to end the life of their babies is the most critical issue to Dems, and things like the economy and the open border aren't important.

Also, women's healthcare doesn't include cutting apart or suctioning out a pre-born baby from the womb and throwing it in the trash, or selling it to a lab. This is not rocket science, but then, if someone cannot successfully use birth control, I can see how this will go over their head, and obviously they flunked biology in high school, as it was always taught that life begins when sperm meets the egg. Geesh, who are these people who are so uninformed?

The election will not be decided on whether a woman can have her baby cut apart or suctioned out and thrown in the trash or sold to a lab! I would hate to be on the other end of that "karma"!

Old 03-27-2024, 09:00 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,363,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
This is a strong sign of things to come in the presidential election in November.

You don't take away women's healthcare rights, and expect it to all be just fine and dandy.

Reproductive rights and women's right to make their own choices for their own healthcare is a major driver to vote.

Republicans are in for a big awakening, and the major losses will soon show that.
Don't dance around it. This is about ABORTION. Go ahead say it.

Roe was overturned because it's a state's rights issue. NOT federal, as it's been explained to you liberals 1,000 times. Nobody took away your right to kill your fetus.

At the federal level, ABORTION is way down on the list of important things to voters in this election.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:39 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,422,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Don't dance around it. This is about ABORTION. Go ahead say it.

Roe was overturned because it's a state's rights issue. NOT federal, as it's been explained to you liberals 1,000 times. Nobody took away your right to kill your fetus.

At the federal level, ABORTION is way down on the list of important things to voters in this election.
Yeah, that's part of women's healthcare, abortion.

This will be the major factor in the presidential election this November.

Republicans like yourself know it's an issue to avoid, because it's one that is a losing issue for the Republicans. No one likes their rights taken away, and Trump did that with the Supreme Court appointments.

Women will remember, and hand Republicans the big loss.

Old 03-27-2024, 11:30 PM

8,485 posts, read 4,727,776 times
The right won this issue to their detriment, and the fallout is starting to settle.

Old 03-28-2024, 12:11 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,363,151 times
You lefties just refuse to acknowledge that abortion never should have been a Federal matter to begin with. It's a state matter and nobody took anything away from you. What part of that do you not understand?

Old 03-28-2024, 12:20 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,701,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Abortion rights are back in the hands of the states as it should be. People are more worried about crime, immigrants and their food bills these days. The abortion issue is not going to flip anything but I'll be happy to revisit this thread after the election to gloat.
Which people? I'm not the least bit worried about "crime, immigrants or my food bill". I'm a lot more worried about Fed policy and interest rates, keeping trade free (no tariffs, thank you very much), keeping NATO strong and well-funded, a coherent infrastructure policy, and yes, abortion-rights.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:52 AM

1,408 posts, read 749,061 times
IMO this particular election was about the loss of Space Command and the economic aftermath. Probably not a dependable indicator for other elections.

Old 03-28-2024, 05:11 AM

6,592 posts, read 7,084,533 times
Reproductive rights will be the reason for down ballot wins for the democrats in November

Old 03-28-2024, 06:14 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah, that's part of women's healthcare, abortion.

This will be the major factor in the presidential election this November.

Republicans like yourself know it's an issue to avoid, because it's one that is a losing issue for the Republicans. No one likes their rights taken away, and Trump did that with the Supreme Court appointments.

Women will remember, and hand Republicans the big loss.
Are you a woman? Because even when I was a Democrat - I could have cared less about the abortion issue. I knew too many women that saw abortion as another alternative to contraception and I don't feel like that was what abortion is about with all the ways we have to protect ourselves.

With everything else going on especially in NY State - crime, inflation, unaffordable housing, congestion tax, tax paying residents leaving and illegals moving in, businesses that pay taxes leaving the state, ect and you think abortion - which is legal in NY is the issue? There are only 14 states that banned abortion and most have exceptions for medical necessity and rape - as it should be as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections