Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 05:01 PM

18,043 posts, read 15,639,191 times

Advertisements

Kari Lake said she would fight and "never surrender," but surrender she just did in the defamation case brought against her by Stephen Richer.

Today, Lake admitted the allegations in Richer's complaint against her are true as to her false and defamatory statements.

She's asking for a default judgement.

source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 05:54 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Well, I wasn't sure it was about, and OP link was behind a paywall, so this is what I learned:

https://www.votebeat.org/arizona/202...tephen-richer/

"After filing the document, Lake said in a video posted on X that Richer’s lawsuit against her was “lawfare,” and she wouldn’t be taking part in the lawsuit. It was unclear what she meant, and one of her attorneys, Jennifer Wright, told Votebeat to contact her communications team for additional comment."

Just to Republicans sparing over some comments made. Of course, that Lake dropped it, the other one thought that she was totally surrendering. Nothing to see here.

I did learn a new term "Lawfare":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawfare

"Lawfare is the use of legal systems and institutions to damage or delegitimize an opponent, or to deter an individual's usage of their legal rights.[1][2][3][4]"

Gee, I didn't know that Republicans used that too, I just thought it was a "tool" for the left.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:26 PM

18,043 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Richer filed the defamation suit last June, after dealing with months of unfounded claims from Lake and her supporters that he was involved in election fraud in Maricopa County's 2022 election, in which Lake lost her bid for Arizona governor to Democrat Katie Hobbs.

Lake had no evidence, continued to harass Richter and got served with a lawsuit. She lost various motions, lost her challenge for the election, and finally conceded she did defame Mr. Richter. She/her attorneys gave up and defaulted. "In a case like this, it's tantamount to “unconditional surrender,” said personal injury attorney, Tom Ryan.

The only thing Lake and her attorneys can legally dispute now is the amount of damages they will owe Richer.

Lake is a proven liar.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:34 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
If I had to guess she plans on filing bankruptcy not sure if she can get this discharged or not maybe. BK laws have changed over the years. This will be a default judgment against her. They might argue over the damages who knows. Local attorney in this video below discusses how the damages could be very high since she doesn't plan on defending herself.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:43 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
She is trying to clean up and rehabilitate her image after over playing the MAGA card. I think voters see through it all.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:05 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She is trying to clean up and rehabilitate her image after over playing the MAGA card. I think voters see through it all.
She is afraid of ending up in a deposition having to actually tell the truth. She could end up with a owing millions her only choice is BK at that point.

Old 03-26-2024, 11:58 PM

8,493 posts, read 4,552,009 times
kari Lake is a lie machine that is beneath holding any office.

Old 03-27-2024, 03:43 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Richer filed the defamation suit last June, after dealing with months of unfounded claims from Lake and her supporters that he was involved in election fraud in Maricopa County's 2022 election, in which Lake lost her bid for Arizona governor to Democrat Katie Hobbs.

Lake had no evidence, continued to harass Richter and got served with a lawsuit. She lost various motions, lost her challenge for the election, and finally conceded she did defame Mr. Richter. She/her attorneys gave up and defaulted. "In a case like this, it's tantamount to “unconditional surrender,” said personal injury attorney, Tom Ryan.

The only thing Lake and her attorneys can legally dispute now is the amount of damages they will owe Richer.

Lake is a proven liar.
Just because you can't prove something that you say, it doesn't mean that you are liar, it just means you could not prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
That would be for the voters to decide. Yes, I know the Dems want to change that, but so far, they have not been successful.

Old 03-27-2024, 03:46 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Sorry I still like Kari - Hillary said the election was stolen as have many other Dems. Maybe Russia should sue Hillary for the same thing!

Old 03-27-2024, 04:40 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
"A lie machine"? Really? She was attacked as an an election deniar, That's it. If she played her hand like Sinema as an Independant she could have easily won against her Racist opponent Kati Hobbs. Her mistake imo was not attacking Hobbs for the Racist that she is. You noticed Lake was never sued for calling Hobbs a Racist, because she is
Dems and their Racists, they just cant get away from them: Obama and Farrakhan, Byrd and his KKK, Biden locking up 100,000 black men, Hobbs firing a black whistle blower because she dared come forward about being discriminated against by Hobbs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections