Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 07:46 AM

9,866 posts, read 4,641,933 times

Advertisements

I see righteous indignation and resentment from many Democrats on the pick. Oh she bought her way in. Maybe she did. But how the heck do they think these career politicians get picked. Their deals and favors were done over time. She did hers during RFK's campaign

Some of the small 'favors' or 'deals' these career politicians make over time are probably more questionable than her donation.. I would be more leary of the smoke filled backroom deal types than her donation. Because that's how career politicians rise to the top with support and donations from the rich and poweful that will want something in return.

The career politicians and operatives consider themselves part of a union with an unofficial contract that says do your time(including deals and favors) and you'll eventually be rewarded with a candidacy or well paying job. And just like a union they have an unwieldy sense of entitlement to the job.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:16 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Poor choice, though a super duper financier, which RFK needs right now.

Too far LEFT for a middle of the road party. RFK has some good positions, but spoils the stew with some wing ding beliefs and now partnered with a far left ideolog.

RFK is at least speaking with conviction and no covert agenda, much like Trump. What you see is what you get. What you see is provided by a hijacked dem party propaganda machine.

Oh how we long for the days of good old expected media bias. Instead we get a mainstream propaganda machine that makes the destruction of our country possible.

Old 03-29-2024, 08:31 AM

9,363 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Poor choice, though a super duper financier, which RFK needs right now.

Too far LEFT for a middle of the road party. RFK has some good positions, but spoils the stew with some wing ding beliefs and now partnered with a far left ideolog.

RFK is at least speaking with conviction and no covert agenda, much like Trump. What you see is what you get. What you see is provided by a hijacked dem party propaganda machine.

Oh how we long for the days of good old expected media bias. Instead we get a mainstream propaganda machine that makes the destruction of our country possible.
I don’t consider a person who swindled someone out of $1 billion to be an ideologue, sounds downright practical to me.

But, yes, by choosing an unknown, RFK Jr did nothing to deflect the image of a sideshow campaign; he should have poached an experienced known quantity from the UniParty, optimal if from the so-called democratic branch.

As it stands, if they do make it on the ballot in all 50 States, chances are they take more votes from Biden than from the other guy.

I am sure that there are practical reasons for this, but one may cloak them in whatever trendy sugar-coated ideological wrapper that pleases on a given day.

Old 03-29-2024, 10:57 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I see righteous indignation and resentment from many Democrats on the pick. Oh she bought her way in. Maybe she did. But how the heck do they think these career politicians get picked. Their deals and favors were done over time. She did hers during RFK's campaign

Some of the small 'favors' or 'deals' these career politicians make over time are probably more questionable than her donation.. I would be more leary of the smoke filled backroom deal types than her donation. Because that's how career politicians rise to the top with support and donations from the rich and poweful that will want something in return.

The career politicians and operatives consider themselves part of a union with an unofficial contract that says do your time(including deals and favors) and you'll eventually be rewarded with a candidacy or well paying job. And just like a union they have an unwieldy sense of entitlement to the job.

Where do you see that? None of the threads sound indignant to me, just unhappy or critical of the pick. I'm disappointed because she is very progressive, and I hoped he'd pick a moderate. But I'm not "indignant", what an odd word to use.

Old 03-30-2024, 09:20 AM

7,635 posts, read 8,707,635 times
Dr. Robert Malone thinks RFK Jr is actually aiming for 2028 with this running mate:

Kennedy for President: 2028 ?

Quote:
I speculate that the reason he choose Shanahan is much more strategic, and may have nothing to do with the 2024 election cycle. I personally believe that he knows he can’t win in 2024. He does know that his remaining in the race helps Trump secure the presidential election, and may (if moderately successful) allow his candidacy to stop either Biden or Trump from securing the 270 electoral votes needed to avoid a runoff in the House of Representatives- which scenario would probably trigger a Constitutional crisis. In the end, his remaining in the race only helps his longterm favorability ratings. By swinging to the left now, he is setting himself up for a run as a Democrat in 2028. If nothing else, it may give him a voice and role in rebuilding the Democrat party after a failed Biden presidency.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:28 AM

9,866 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Where do you see that? None of the threads sound indignant to me, just unhappy or critical of the pick. I'm disappointed because she is very progressive, and I hoped he'd pick a moderate. But I'm not "indignant", what an odd word to use.
The punditry class/talking heads. Also hear a lot comments on he sold the vp slot for donations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...lf/ar-BB1kA7Ru

Old 03-31-2024, 09:56 AM

5,898 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I would never have voted for him because it would be a wasted vote, but I liked him for a while. Then a couple of weeks ago he came out with Jessie Ventura and Aaron Rodgers as being on his short list for VP. That pretty much turned me against him as being somewhat nutty, and now this. So no, I won't vote for him. He might be worse than Biden.
Bush Sr. won with freaking Dan Quayle as his VP. Shanahan is not going to tank things for RFK, Jr.

Old 03-31-2024, 04:05 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Bush Sr. won with freaking Dan Quayle as his VP. Shanahan is not going to tank things for RFK, Jr.
Yep and Obama won with Biden on the ticket. The stupidity of the electorate knows no bounds.

Old 04-01-2024, 11:09 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The punditry class/talking heads. Also hear a lot comments on he sold the vp slot for donations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...lf/ar-BB1kA7Ru

They haven't wanted RFK since he announced he was running, it has nothing to do with her IMO. They've been actively trying to keep him off ballots for a year. But outside of DC I don't think anyone is "indignant". The poster made it sound like it was Dems here on the board, but I don't see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections