Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 09:56 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times

Advertisements

As it stands now I will be voting for either Jill Stein or Cornel West. I did vote for Marrianne Williamson in the Democratic primary.
I have never voted for a Democrat for POTUS in November.
I grew up in a Republican household although my mother voted JFK because he was Catholic.
So I always would vote a straight Republican ticket.
The first time I was going to vote for a Democrat was the first time Obama ran but I was in the process of moving from N.J. to Virginia and did not vote for the first time in my life. I would not vote for him the second time he ran. As Cornel West describes Obama as “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it.”
I have been voting Green Party ever since including collecting signatures to get Jill on the ballot in Virginia.
I have met both Jill Stein and Cornel West a few times at protests as I do some photojournalism and I'm also an activist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 11:36 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
A lot of people do not recognize Biden's greatness and intelligence. He is one of the top 10 Presidents, IMHO. He engenders confidence.
Biden is little more than a common grifter. He elevated his game by election to national office and his association with shady mob types. The man hasn’t done honest work his entire adult life. Twenty years ago he was at the peak of his influence, but our country didn’t need his brand of “intelligence” back then and it certainly doesn’t need his dementia now.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:46 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Cynicism pervades every word Biden and Blinken utter. This cynicism extends to us. Our revulsion for Donald Trump, the Biden White House believes, will impel us to keep Biden in office. On any other issue this might be the case. But it cannot be the case with genocide.
Genocide is not a political problem. It is a moral one. We cannot, no matter what the cost, support those who commit or are accomplices to genocide. Genocide is the crime of all crimes. It is the purest expression of evil. We must stand unequivocally with Palestinians and the jurists from South Africa. We must demand justice. We must hold Biden accountable for the genocide in Gaza.
Chris Hedges
Thank you, Ted08721!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitonmywhat View Post
I understand and respect that. As for myself, I cannot get around the fact that Joe is complicit in the genocide going on in Gaza and the West Bank. And ethnic cleansing, along the way. The Israeli regime wants to empty-out those places and fill them with their own people. Disgraceful. They want to utterly dispossess the Palestinians. And HOW LONG has the military occupation been going on???

Jill Stein or Cornel West will get my vote.
It's been going on for 75 years.

Old 03-10-2024, 12:55 PM

620 posts, read 311,404 times
Biden hasn’t done a great job of controlling illegal immigration. While with Trump, I fear his right wing base getting completely out of control because this will be his second term, and he would have nothing to loose, and hence I fear him inciting extreme hatred and violence.

I can’t in good conscience, vote for either candidates.

Old 03-10-2024, 03:20 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
He has done innumerable other great things. I can't even start to list them so I won't. He is simply an astounding President.

Old 03-10-2024, 03:45 PM

1,193 posts, read 615,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
As it stands now I will be voting for either Jill Stein or Cornel West. I did vote for Marrianne Williamson in the Democratic primary.
I have never voted for a Democrat for POTUS in November.
I grew up in a Republican household although my mother voted JFK because he was Catholic.
So I always would vote a straight Republican ticket.
The first time I was going to vote for a Democrat was the first time Obama ran but I was in the process of moving from N.J. to Virginia and did not vote for the first time in my life. I would not vote for him the second time he ran. As Cornel West describes Obama as “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it.”
I have been voting Green Party ever since including collecting signatures to get Jill on the ballot in Virginia.
I have met both Jill Stein and Cornel West a few times at protests as I do some photojournalism and I'm also an activist.
Me thinks you hate America.

Old 03-10-2024, 04:46 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Biden is little more than a common grifter. He elevated his game by election to national office and his association with shady mob types. The man hasn’t done honest work his entire adult life. Twenty years ago he was at the peak of his influence, but our country didn’t need his brand of “intelligence” back then and it certainly doesn’t need his dementia now.
So, you know the Biden that I have known over 30+ years! He was pathetic even before the dementia set in!

Quote:
He has done innumerable other great things. I can't even start to list them so I won't. He is simply an astounding President.
Who? Not Biden. Oh, humor, OK!

Old 03-10-2024, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Who? Not Biden. Oh, humor, OK!
You can draw your own conclusions. He is definitely inspiring.

Old 03-10-2024, 05:05 PM

1,285 posts, read 642,380 times
Quote:
Not only that but he has hairy legs that get blonde by the poolside..and he likes children sitting on his lap..we swoon in his presence!

Old 03-10-2024, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Not only that but he has hairy legs that get blonde by the poolside..and he likes children sitting on his lap..we swoon in his presence!
Obviously you have no gratitude for his service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections