Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:53 AM

3 posts, read 14,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIERDZ View Post
Regarding my above post, the dollar amount should be $47,000,000.

I could not find any info about a class action lawsuit. Does anyone know anything else or the year it might have happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,777 times
I am in the same boat as the rest of you all. My parents found the original packet of info. with "Horizon Corporation Guantee" the "Agreement for Deed", a "Land Use Plan of Sunland Estates Unit 10" (blueprint), and the original promotional material. Apparently, they bought a parcel in what was supposed to be the commercial area of the community. I now live in San Antonio and am planning a weekend out there to check it out with my own eyes. Its a haul, about 9hrs driving in 100-degree weather. Might fly instead and rent a car.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 9,777 times
I compared the google maps link with the maps I have from the packet my parents got way back when. Looks like lot 10 south of Lake Horizon, on the other side of Horizon Blvd. I think it is the patch of emptyness surrounded by what looks like dirt roads that outline a potential developments (or one that went bust). The lake itself looks very different on google maps compared to what was depicted on the brochures from 40yrs ago. Global warming?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 AM

3 posts, read 14,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahah View Post
I compared the google maps link with the maps I have from the packet my parents got way back when. Looks like lot 10 south of Lake Horizon, on the other side of Horizon Blvd. I think it is the patch of emptyness surrounded by what looks like dirt roads that outline a potential developments (or one that went bust). The lake itself looks very different on google maps compared to what was depicted on the brochures from 40yrs ago. Global warming?
Either that or they wanted to make that little pond look like a wonderful lake. Part of the scheme; make everything seem better than it is. I will be interested to find out when you learn when you visit El Paso. Keep us updated!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 AM

5 posts, read 46,468 times
Sunland Estates is part of Horizon Communities (horizoncommunities.com). Maps are available from:
El Paso County, Map Dept., 5801 Trowbridge, Ep Paso, TX 79925-3346. Phone 915-780-2000

Old 08-02-2009, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 5,005 times
I bought lots in Sunland Estates back in 1961(2) and have paid taxes to Hudspeth County ever since, not much, just a few bucks. I visited the area back about twenty years ago and it is jackrabbit and rattlesnake country. Have been contacted by scammers three or four times. Holding on to it to leave to a further generation.
Zellie

Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 AM

19 posts, read 63,257 times
I talked to a highway manager the other day and he said since there is no water or electricity in Sunland Estates area, he believes we'll see no appreciation for about 50 years. He was dead serious. When you look at the aerial views, the buildings that are located near the highway were all built in the 70's and nothing since. My three lots are going to my 3 kids, and maybe their children will reap some rewards. I'd like to shoot the guy that sold there lots to my parents!

Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM

5 posts, read 46,468 times
Horizon Communities (horizoncommunities.com) has many subdivisions in El Paso County, TX., most undeveloped. See my thread under Shadow Ridge (this site) for more info.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 15,612 times
Default Help-Google Earth of Sunland estates

We own
several lots in Sunland estates but we have never seen the property. You said you were going to visit the property in June. Would you be so kind and share with me what you found out. Also, would you happen to have a Google Earth coordinates so I can get a satellite view of the property and surrounding area. I know that Google Earth pictures are about two years out of date but it will give me some idea as to development in that area. I would appreciate any help you can give me because we've had this land for over 30 years and developers are now calling on a regular basis.
Thank you very much,
James (jbmauzy@msn.com)

Old 10-20-2009, 12:56 AM

3 posts, read 15,612 times

The following information was sent to me by fairborngirl79, and I thank her very much.

The general area is:
31°40'57.80"N
106°10'58.55"W

My assumption is that the empty lots to the east of that point are the lots we own. If you zoom in it is pretty amazing to see how many marked off lots are out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso