Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2024, 12:11 PM

197 posts, read 154,566 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Our daughter will be graduating college in a month. She is married to a Marine who got orders to transfer bases to California(we are in North Florida). She had not planned on walking anyway, so that works out fine, but my question is: do I send out a little e -announcement to the immediate family, they know they are moving and they know the graduation date, but not sure if I need to send out an announcement or not? Advice please! Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 12:39 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
What does she want?
As an adult, she could not only decided what to do, but she can actually do it herself!

Old 04-04-2024, 02:31 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remirosie123 View Post
but my question is: do I send out a little e -announcement to the immediate family, they know they are moving and they know the graduation date, but not sure if I need to send out an announcement or not?
Since the family KNOWS about the move, and since the family KNOWS about the graduation... what exactly are YOU wanting to announce?

(I would have added this to my post, but missed the edit window...)

Old 04-05-2024, 11:21 AM

7,350 posts, read 4,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remirosie123 View Post
Hi all,
Our daughter will be graduating college in a month. She is married to a Marine who got orders to transfer bases to California(we are in North Florida). She had not planned on walking anyway, so that works out fine, but my question is: do I send out a little e -announcement to the immediate family, they know they are moving and they know the graduation date, but not sure if I need to send out an announcement or not? Advice please! Thank you

I would host a party for the couple - a graduation party for her combined with a goodbye party for the couple. Any size party is fine, but let the family celebrate her graduation and give everyone a chance to say goodbye.

Old 04-06-2024, 02:58 PM

5,450 posts, read 7,743,493 times
You can always just print up a nice graduation announcement with your daughter's photo that she can then mail to friends and family. This is common. It doesn't have to have any specific invitation to any specific event and they often don't. You can put right on the announcement what her post-graduation plans are. Or as much of them as you want to share. For example I found these samples on sites like Shutterfly which will print them for you. And then grandma will at least have something to put on the refrigerator.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-06-2024 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Removed photos - please only post photos of your own

Old 04-08-2024, 04:33 PM

4,391 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I would host a party for the couple - a graduation party for her combined with a goodbye party for the couple. Any size party is fine, but let the family celebrate her graduation and give everyone a chance to say goodbye.
This is what we did for my graduate degree. I didn't walk during my undergrad and instead had a beer with a friend at a bar. I didn't walk during grad school either, so my family threw a small party. it was far more appreciated than participating in the grad ceremonies (although I completely understand people who would rather do the grad ceremony).

Old 04-09-2024, 12:38 PM

197 posts, read 154,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
While this is a great idea, all of the family lives in south Florida, at least 4-6 hour drive and my daughter is moving next week, but good idea nonetheless, just wish we could manage it.....

Old Today, 10:38 AM

5,450 posts, read 7,743,493 times
Cactustumbleweed....

take a deep breath and step away from whatever hallucinogen you are on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education