Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:00 AM

17,375 posts, read 11,346,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I realize that now. At the time I didn't know just how to categorize her; a small standard or big miniature. Her personality sure wasn't miniature!
I just wanted to add that a standard poodle and a miniature can almost be the same size according to how they are classified with height. You can have a small standard or a large miniature within an inch in size of each other both conforming to breed standards. So, there is no large gap in size between the two for them to both be AKC compliant and show quality. It just depends on what you prefer and are able to purchase from legitimate breeders. Either way, all 3 sizes are amazing dogs IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:15 PM

50,432 posts, read 64,199,369 times
If you adopt a dog from foster care, they will know the dogs personality and whether or not it has been exposed to children, etc. The rescue groups will only let dogs go to carefully matched families.

In this way, others will have done the puppy time and training, and you won’t have to.

Old Today, 04:04 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,732,882 times
I will just say that when I was 13, my brother 9, and my sister 5, we got a 1-year-old Standard Poodle, and even though she's been gone for almost 30 years now, my family still sings her praises in terms of what a wonderful dog she was. She was sweet-tempered, friendly, and absolutely *loved* children. My dad's loved all the dogs who have come since then, but he always refers to her as the absolute *best* of all the dogs we've ever had. (This entertains us, because when my mom first proposed getting her, my dad's first words were, "A *poodle*?")

The only negatives I can particularly recall was that if she went outside in the snow, ice clumps would form in the hair between her toes, so we kept a hand-held blow dryer on hand and would put it on low to help melt the clumps when she came back inside.

My mom gave her a 'puppy cut', which seemed pretty easy to maintain and groom.

And now I'm gonna dig out a family photo album and look at pictures of her, because now I'm beginning to miss her something fierce all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs