Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 12:00 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,191,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I had my first night guard made around 7 years ago. It was heavy acrylic, fitted to my mouth from a mold. It finally cracked a few weeks ago. My retainer for my lower teeth is also in lousy shape, so my dentist said he'll set me up with 4 full sets (upper/lower) of retainers. The top one will work fine as a mouth guard even though it'll be a little thinner. But since the kit comes with 4 of them, the combination will last longer than 7 years.

These are also acrylic, just not as thick as a traditional acrylic mouth guard.

I'm so used to wearing them at night, that when I forget to put them in I spend around 20 minutes in bed feeling like I just can't get to sleep, and eventually remember why and get up and put them in.
^^ I’ve been wearing the same custom-made mouth guard on my upper teeth for 18 years. I’m also so use to wearing it at night that I feel “weird” without them in. I use to wake up with awful headaches and a sore jaw for many years before a dentist recommended using a mouth guard to protect my teeth from the grinding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health