Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2023, 11:39 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times

Advertisements

The town Christmas Parade is Sat. 12/9 at 6 p.m. It will form at the high school, travel through Camden, then Wyoming, and will end at the Wyoming Train Station. Santa will be greeting children at the Wyoming Town Hall after the parade. The competition winners (best house Christmas lighting display for each town, Camden and Wyoming) will be announced shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 12:43 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Thanks for posting this I was wondering when the parade was. I will be there, weather permitting. That same day, there is a program at the Milford Public Library about the Holly industry here in Delaware. This area was known as the Holly Wreath Capitol of the world. The program starts at 1pm, so I can definitely be back home in time for the parade. Let’s hope for no rain or snow.

Old 12-03-2023, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Thanks for posting this I was wondering when the parade was. I will be there, weather permitting. That same day, there is a program at the Milford Public Library about the Holly industry here in Delaware. This area was known as the Holly Wreath Capitol of the world. The program starts at 1pm, so I can definitely be back home in time for the parade. Let’s hope for no rain or snow.
LOL That brings back memories. In my younger days, it was no big deal to shoot holly down from trees with rifles, for Christmas decorations! Times have changed.

Old 12-03-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
LOL That brings back memories. In my younger days, it was no big deal to shoot holly down from trees with rifles, for Christmas decorations! Times have changed.
Yes, the family that lived and farmed here in Longacre Village used to shoot the mistletoe down with rifles. They also used holly from the woods here to make wreaths. If someone shot off a rifle here now, it would bring State Police and probably make the evening news.

Old 12-09-2023, 05:24 PM

Quote:

I just got home from the parade - it was the best one since I have been here. I liked the Wheelmen group, old-style high-wheel bicycles. Also the antique tractors. It must have been really nice for you folks in Wyoming when the parade reached your end.

Old 12-10-2023, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I just got home from the parade - it was the best one since I have been here. I liked the Wheelmen group, old-style high-wheel bicycles. Also the antique tractors. It must have been really nice for you folks in Wyoming when the parade reached your end.
Yes.... a full 1 1/2 hour parade! It was wonderful. Even better for me, when I got chilly, I went inside and watched some of the parade from my large front windows! I loved the high wheel bicycles, also. Living along a parade route certainly has its benefits.....even though, otherwise, it's a heavy traffic area.

Old 12-10-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Yes.... a full 1 1/2 hour parade! It was wonderful. Even better for me, when I got chilly, I went inside and watched some of the parade from my large front windows! I loved the high wheel bicycles, also. Living along a parade route certainly has its benefits.....even though, otherwise, it's a heavy traffic area.

Yes, you had a great viewing spot. I was right on the corner of Old North Road, where the participants turn onto Main St in Camden. The bicyclists were riding in circles in the street for several minutes. I hope they weren’t tired by the time they got to your end. The temperature was comfortable for me this year. I was in Milford earlier and my car thermometer read 67 mid-afternoon. Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!

Old 12-10-2023, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, you had a great viewing spot. I was right on the corner of Old North Road, where the participants turn onto Main St in Camden. The bicyclists were riding in circles in the street for several minutes. I hope they weren’t tired by the time they got to your end. The temperature was comfortable for me this year. I was in Milford earlier and my car thermometer read 67 mid-afternoon. Enjoy the rest of the holiday season!
No, they sure didn't look tired, and they rode around in front of my house for a few minutes. And, yes, it was beautiful weather. Enjoy your holiday, also!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware