Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 02:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

OK I made an offer, which was accepted, on a house in Xenia Township! I am super excited. Hope the inspections go well. We shall see!

It's an older home, built in 1950, with a crawl space and real hard wood floors like those older homes seemed to have so much of.

Here it is - it's very plain on the outside but the same owners have owned it for 20 years and have clearly loved it:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M32938-97571

Oh, and I think personally it's probably bigger than 1700 square feet and there is some question about that, but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2024, 09:58 AM

12,104 posts, read 23,262,756 times
Out of curiosity, what made you decide on Xenia Twp?

Good luck to you.

Old 02-12-2024, 04:48 PM

Thank you, joe!

I didn't expect to find the perfect house but I may have - inspections are later this week so we'll see. Townships are typically a bit lower tax wise than actual towns. Still, that wasn't my biggest concern. I have friends there and family nearby so that was helpful.

Old 02-12-2024, 08:08 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Congrats on the house! It's cute and has loads of potential. Does that dining room set convey with the property?

Old 02-13-2024, 05:07 AM

50,336 posts, read 63,906,560 times
It looks very well cared for! I’m excited for you. I hope you show us the things you do to make it your own. It’s nice that there are still reasonably priced houses in flyover country.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It looks very well cared for! I’m excited for you. I hope you show us the things you do to make it your own. It’s nice that there are still reasonably priced houses in flyover country.
Thank you and yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire thing!

Old 02-13-2024, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Congrats on the house! It's cute and has loads of potential. Does that dining room set convey with the property?
LOL I hope not - I have my own dining room furniture! I am officially overwhelmed!

Old 02-13-2024, 09:54 AM

KA!

I just read your good news about your offer acceptance for the house in Xenia. I am SO excited for you! The house is so darned cute! I’ll bet you are super excited.

I am hoping when you find/make some time, you can post a trip report for all of us. I think you know I am interested in the area, and have looked around Beavercreek, but I also am interested in Xenia, mostly because the bike trail system hub is right there. That is very attractive to me. In fact, I have been communicating with an Air BnB host whose cute little property is within spitting distance of the bike trail, and I am planning a trip hopefully later this year. I want to check that area out and NW Arkansas (also a nice network of bike trails). This, obviously is one of my retirement location criteria.

Anyway, didn’t mean to derail this DM. I was wondering what made you decide on Xenia? I know the tornado talk and taxes didn’t scare you, so that is good. Was it just a vibe? Did the house seal the deal? What were your local observations (upkeep of roads and city maintenance, etc). I’m really curious about all these things.

I am on about a 5-year time frame until I hit the retirement button, and like you, I want out of Texas for four seasons (not harsh winters). I also want more access to public recreation, which SW OH and NW Arkansas have in abundance. I work remotely, so although I don’t want to move now, I can easily get a short term rental and test an area for a few weeks or months, and I may do that too, but any insight and observations you can share, either with the forum itself (maybe on the retirement threat?) or just in this DM would be great.

Again, I am so excited for you. I am looking at your house on the listing again. Such a cute house. Oh, that is the other thing for me. I want something smaller (I live in 1600sq ft 3/2 right now, and I am SO OVER being a SFH owner). I am guessing you will hire out a lot of the yard work/maintenace snow shoveling etc? I am thinking something smaller for me or even a condo or patio home set up. So many of my weekends are sucked up with home stuff. When I retire, I just want to hit the trails!

Also, how is the weather up there? Yesterday my friend (who lives in Beavercreek) said it was 50 and sunny there. The same as HERE. HAHA. Are you moving before the Texas oven turns on? If so, I ENVY you!

Take care
Cobolt

Old 02-13-2024, 03:21 PM

Whoever the mods are, can you please delete cobolt's post that I quoted (the last post)? I can't seem to get anything to work. Also, I just want you to know why it's copied and pasted in the first place - I couldn't get ANYTHING to work right, including answering that private message. At some point I copied it because I was just scared I would lose it, and the rest is history. Finally, I had to get out and then get back into City Data, and everything worked fine then. I don't get it but whatever! Feedback and all that. Anyway, it's apparently too late for me to delete that post so can you please do so? Thank you so much!

Old 02-13-2024, 04:27 PM

5,759 posts, read 11,358,171 times
I've pedaled along the Little Miami River bike trail that heads north from Xenia to Yellow Springs and then another 30 or so miles north. The bike trail is about 4 blocks west of that home. I sometimes stop at the Casey's gas station to buy a snack when out on a ride. The house is too big for my preference, but it looks overall good. The only thing I would change is replace the carpet in one bedroom with some sort of smooth surface floor.

That's a good location to live in. It is far enough from highway 68 that you probably won't hear any vehicle noise. The street is only 1 block long, so only the few people living on that street will drive by the house. It is close to a hospital and medical offices, and not too far to drive to Kroger / Walmart / Aldi / Lowe's on the west side of Xenia off of highway 35.

Good luck with the move - Spring is on the way pretty soon which is a good time of year to get settled in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton