Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 08:29 AM

5 posts, read 1,333 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are planning to move from Pennsylvania to the Dallas area soon. I am Indian and am looking to buy a home in an Indian-rich community. My colleagues at work suggested I look into Keller, Colleyville, and Mansfield. My job is located in Arlington.

Please share your opinions; they are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mayank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 08:53 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh1980 View Post
Hello all,
We are planning to move from Pennsylvania to the Dallas area soon. I am Indian and am looking to buy a home in an Indian-rich community. My colleagues at work suggested I look into Keller, Colleyville, and Mansfield. My job is located in Arlington.

Please share your opinions; they are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mayank
What is your budget? If you have a big budget and want to be around rich Indians, Castle Hills. If you want to be around upper income and dont mind the commute, Frisco, Plano, or Coppell.

Old 04-11-2024, 09:31 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,048,957 times
Frisco TX is the Capital of India in the US

Old 04-11-2024, 11:15 AM

95 posts, read 69,486 times
agree with others on frisco, but the commute would be a beating.

i think Irving has some indian dense areas but i don't know them. i would not consider keller, colleyville, or Mansfield to be Indian-rich.

if you search for "Indian grocery store" on google maps in DFW i think you'll get a good idea of the general population zones of indian rich areas.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:02 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Keller, Castle Hills and Frisco would be a horrible commute to Arlington, and Colleyville would only be a little better. Mansfield would be a much better commute. Yes, the Las Colinas area of Irving has a LOT of Indian people and would be an OK commute to Arlington.

What is your budget for the house?
Are good public schools important?

Old 04-11-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Keller, Castle Hills and Frisco would be a horrible commute to Arlington, and Colleyville would only be a little better. Mansfield would be a much better commute. Yes, the Las Colinas area of Irving has a LOT of Indian people and would be an OK commute to Arlington.

What is your budget for the house?
Are good public schools important?
650K is max budget. School are not an issue. Do Mansfield has decent Indian community?

Old 04-11-2024, 02:56 PM

24,473 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Move into an extended stay hotel close to work. Investigate the area during regular commute hours. Go to churches, temples, community centers. Talk to people at work. What is decent for you may not be decent for someone else. Take your time before buying a home. Please rememebr Texas real estate taxes/insurance and utilities. You have a bit of a sticker shock.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:58 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh1980 View Post
650K is max budget. School are not an issue. Do Mansfield has decent Indian community?
According to data.census.gov, there are 442 Indian people living in Mansfield. By comparison, there are 26,930 in Irving, 23,289 in Plano, 22,582 in Frisco, 5,438 in Coppell, and 2,235 in Arlington.

The question is, do you just want to be able to make some Indian friends or do you want to be in a place that is majority Indian in culture?

I also cannot help notice your screen name is "Singh". There are very few Punjabis in Dallas, Texas, or anywhere in the US outside Northern California. The bulk of the Indians in the Dallas are going to be from places like Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
According to data.census.gov, there are 442 Indian people living in Mansfield. By comparison, there are 26,930 in Irving, 23,289 in Plano, 22,582 in Frisco, 5,438 in Coppell, and 2,235 in Arlington.

The question is, do you just want to be able to make some Indian friends or do you want to be in a place that is majority Indian in culture?

I also cannot help notice your screen name is "Singh". There are very few Punjabis in Dallas, Texas, or anywhere in the US outside Northern California. The bulk of the Indians in the Dallas are going to be from places like Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu.
I am not Punjabi. I am thakur from UP.

Old 04-11-2024, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post

How did you find the number 442? Please help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas