Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 03:12 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
If patients understood that these diseases are almost entirely caused by the western industrial lifestyle (which is the truth), they would take the lifestyle advice much more seriously.

If they are told the diseases are inevitable, and can only be slowed by lifestyle improvements, they will take the advice less seriously.

If they are told the drugs are safe and side effects are rare (which is not true), they will be happy to take the drugs.

If they are told the drugs are highly effective (which is not true) they will trust the drugs and be less careful about lifestyle.
Lifestyle changes are the foundation for managing lipid abnormalities. People just refuse to do what they know is good for them. Statins are effective, and the vast majority of people who use them do not have serious complications from them.

Quote:
I do not think people are stupid. I think they are often ignorant and gullible and misinformed. When they know the facts, they can make good decisions.
Nope. They keep right on making bad decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 09:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
If patients understood that these diseases are almost entirely caused by the western industrial lifestyle (which is the truth), they would take the lifestyle advice much more seriously.

If they are told the diseases are inevitable, and can only be slowed by lifestyle improvements, they will take the advice less seriously.

If they are told the drugs are safe and side effects are rare (which is not true), they will be happy to take the drugs.

If they are told the drugs are highly effective (which is not true) they will trust the drugs and be less careful about lifestyle.
No, it is not the truth, if by "western industrial lifestyle" you mean the lifestyle in the US, Canada, Australia, NZ and most of western Europe. These countries have the highest life expectancies in the world. You are totally discounting the role of genetics.

The drugs are safe and effective when properly prescribed, and go along with lifestyle changes.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:36 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,861,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been saying it for years, The Cholesterol Myth, for the many still on the fence, read some of this info. If you are convinced otherwise, skip it.

The Cholesterol Hoax

I'll mention it again, all the years the parents were alive, the word cholesterol was Never mentioned. Was it even a word.
Why are you citing information on the ".to" country code? ".to" is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the island kingdom of Tonga.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Why are you citing information on the ".to" country code? ".to" is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of the island kingdom of Tonga.
Whale.to is a notorious alternative med site, filled with misinformation, conspiracy theories, and woo. It is so bad that no one with any knowledge about medical topics will click on it and often will call out anyone who tries to use it as a source, resulting in Scopie's Law:

"In any discussion involving science or medicine, citing Whale.to as a credible source loses you the argument immediately... and gets you laughed out of the room."

Old 02-04-2018, 10:26 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,483,262 times
Those who have never suffered from permanent disabling and crippling damage from statin drugs will not admit to how dangerous this drug is. This is an insult to those of us who DO suffer, every day, and it is an insult to the families of those we know who have DIED because of statin damage.

Statins are dangerous. There is a reason why most of the original manufacturers are allowing the patents to lapse. Because the lawsuits were crippling them, just as their drugs crippled patients who doctors scared into taking them. Doctors and big health cartels like Kaiser love that other companies are picking up the patents and churning them out as generics because this means they, and the pharmaceuticals, making the generics, cannot be sued when they permanently harm or even kill someone.

If you want to believe that these drugs are safe, fine, you keep on thinking that. It is that mindset that could one day be your downfall when you refuse to acknowledge that your doctor pushed a dangerous drug on you, and instead find yourself suddenly being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, early onset Alzheimer's, ALS, MD, MS, or a number of other illnesses statin damage mimics, and then the doctor can prescribe medications for something you don't really have.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Those who have never suffered from permanent disabling and crippling damage from statin drugs will not admit to how dangerous this drug is. This is an insult to those of us who DO suffer, every day, and it is an insult to the families of those we know who have DIED because of statin damage.

Statins are dangerous. There is a reason why most of the original manufacturers are allowing the patents to lapse. Because the lawsuits were crippling them, just as their drugs crippled patients who doctors scared into taking them. Doctors and big health cartels like Kaiser love that other companies are picking up the patents and churning them out as generics because this means they, and the pharmaceuticals, making the generics, cannot be sued when they permanently harm or even kill someone.

If you want to believe that these drugs are safe, fine, you keep on thinking that. It is that mindset that could one day be your downfall when you refuse to acknowledge that your doctor pushed a dangerous drug on you, and instead find yourself suddenly being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, early onset Alzheimer's, ALS, MD, MS, or a number of other illnesses statin damage mimics, and then the doctor can prescribe medications for something you don't really have.
I have a friend who took statins for I believe 30 some yrs and when we played bridge she had already been dealing with 20 yrs of neuropathy from the statins. As far as I know she's off the statins now but still lives with the damage but it's somewhat reduced since taking grape seed extract for the last 8 yrs or so.

I may have mentioned her above but I'm not going to read the whole thread again.

Sorry for all you have gone thru also. I'd never think of taking them. For those really worried about the cholesterol issue, there are MANY alternatives to consider.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:12 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,483,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have a friend who took statins for I believe 30 some yrs and when we played bridge she had already been dealing with 20 yrs of neuropathy from the statins. As far as I know she's off the statins now but still lives with the damage but it's somewhat reduced since taking grape seed extract for the last 8 yrs or so.

I may have mentioned her above but I'm not going to read the whole thread again.

Sorry for all you have gone thru also. I'd never think of taking them. For those really worried about the cholesterol issue, there are MANY alternatives to consider.
I haven't tried grape seed extract. I have been given the most powerful pain killers available by prescription, but none of them work. I have taken very high doses of pure CBD oil, and this doesn't work either. My DNA was permanently mutated and damaged according to the UCLA report on my muscle biopsy. Just came across this very good recent article...

https://hsionline.com/2017/01/23/sta...on-of-doctors/

Old 02-12-2018, 12:51 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
30 years ago. Barely 10 years ago. They didn't know that statins could lead to a diagnosis of diabetes. They didn't know that much of heart disease risk is hereditary due to inherited gene for high levels of lipoprotein (a).

Old 02-12-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I haven't tried grape seed extract. I have been given the most powerful pain killers available by prescription, but none of them work. I have taken very high doses of pure CBD oil, and this doesn't work either. My DNA was permanently mutated and damaged according to the UCLA report on my muscle biopsy. Just came across this very good recent article...

https://hsionline.com/2017/01/23/sta...on-of-doctors/
Your link is to a site selling $600 per ounce magic mushroom cures for cancer. Its credibility is highly suspect.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:03 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
The link is about the statin scam and cholesterol con. the ad to the right is about the mushroom for cancer therapy you mention, suzy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals