Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 04:22 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Brisette View Post
I think that a tummy tuck would be the best option for you.
Yeah, worked for me. My weight goes there and to my bust so had both "reduced".

VERY major surgery though. But I'm really glad I did it: no more rolls, flat stomach. But FYI, it doesn't give you a shapely waistline unless you already had one, lol. The surgeon held up 2 one-liter pop bottles of liquid fat he'd lipo-ed----

I still have to watch it all the time; intermittent fasting/one meal a day/no sweets---all that fun stuff. Work out at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2023, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 465 times
There are many healthy foods to help you lose weight safely and effectively. Here is a list of foods that burn visceral fat and can help you get a toned and flat belly.

1. Berries
2. Oats
3. Mushrooms
4. Nuts And Seeds
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Quinoa
7. Coconut Oil
8. Brown Rice
9. Greek Yogurt
10. Green Tea

Old 03-21-2023, 03:32 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
My problem is I am only fat around the belly. The rest of me is skinny. By the time I lose the belly fat my face is sunken like a meth head. What do I need to do to lose just the belly fat?
You can't spot reduce belly fat (the body doesn't work that way).

You either lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight, the body decides where it goes.

You want to loe belly fat, you're going to need to be in a caloric deficit and you will get your "sunken meth head face."

That's just the way the body is programmed.

Old 03-21-2023, 06:39 AM

846 posts, read 680,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
My problem is I am only fat around the belly. The rest of me is skinny. By the time I lose the belly fat my face is sunken like a meth head. What do I need to do to lose just the belly fat?
You can't spot-reduce fat.

But you can do a body recomposition. (i.e. lose 5-10 lbs of fat, gain 5-10 lbs of muscle).

This means your stomach will get smaller, but the muscle on your chest, arms, shoulders, etc. can get bigger.

Old 06-23-2023, 07:59 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Don't care what name the diet goes by, calories in, calories out. If you burn more than you eat you will lose weight. Its also possible to move weight around like losing belly fat and gaining muscle by managing caloric intake and a regimented exercise routine. If you are truly serious, work with a nutritionist and personal trainer. Be dedicated. Don't give up. Train the mind and the body will follow.

Old 06-24-2023, 05:16 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I’ve been battling belly fat for a few decades now. I tried a nutritionist and supplements to see if it was caused by some deficiency in my gut, but it changed nothing. I just discussed it with my gastro doctor and he said, it’s all about calories in and calories out.

If one’s weight goes down, one’s belly will go down too.

Old 06-24-2023, 05:30 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
There's no way to "spot reduce"; all you can do is reduce overall weight, and it doesn't sound like you need to do that. Your belly just happens to be where your personal fat cells are located (genetically determined), and fat lies ON TOP of muscle so, while strengthening muscles may hold your organs in better, they have no effect on the fat that lies above them! Liposuction is the only permanent solution (or actually semi-permanent, as your fat cells tend to redevelop in or migrate back to where they're "meant" to be).

Old 07-31-2023, 05:00 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
This is coming from a place of ignorance (somewhat), but why not train like a professional athlete? Obviously, I understand the average person can't train 3+ hours per day for 6 days per week, but the average person can have 3-4 workouts per week consisting of the following:

-1 hour of moderate to heavy weightlifting
-1 hour of basketball

I feel like it would be impossible not to lean out to some degree with this regimen. If you can't find pick up basketball games, I'd recommend running suicides. But you have to really sprint if you're going to do them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPL487ToJt8

Old 07-31-2023, 05:35 PM

1,075 posts, read 552,765 times
Running, HIIT training, cross training with weights.

Old 07-31-2023, 07:29 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,492,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
There's no way to "spot reduce"; all you can do is reduce overall weight, and it doesn't sound like you need to do that. Your belly just happens to be where your personal fat cells are located (genetically determined), and fat lies ON TOP of muscle so, while strengthening muscles may hold your organs in better, they have no effect on the fat that lies above them! Liposuction is the only permanent solution (or actually semi-permanent, as your fat cells tend to redevelop in or migrate back to where they're "meant" to be).
People (especially men) store weight on our bellies, but if you get your body fat to below 20 (maybe 15%) your belly will disappear. Guaranteed.

Only way to do that is a calorie deficit. You can achieve such through diet. I know people who just watch what they eat, don't exercise, and have abs. For most people, a combination of exercise and watching what they eat are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals