Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 07:18 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
The foldable PED-E-GO weighs 49.4lbs, ready to ride. (50PSI in the tubes.)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion & pics, I like it! So you go the LATCH, I see. Is that the only foldable Ped-e-Go has? My nearest store location is about 20 minutes from me & I browsed them before. Their prices are pretty steep, I noticed. But I'll keep it in mind for the next e-bike I buy & I will buy another (when mine needs to be replaced).

My NEXT e-bike requirements:

- at least 500w motor, preferrably 750w
- at least 48v battery
- at least front suspension, but prefer full suspension
- as lightweight as possible (55 lbs or less)
- foldable
- I do like 3" fat tire look (4" adds even more weight)
- as reasonably priced as I can get for the above

I like the Juiced Scorpion, but it's not foldable & quite heavy.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 07-09-2021 at 07:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
I have a, collapsible, LectricEbikes ST 2.0 (Step Thru). 3" width, 22" nominal tire, 350 watts, 36V. front suspension, seat post suspension, comfort (fat) seat. ~70# with heavy duty rear rack and basket. Aluminum. 7 speed shift, 5 levels PAS-5 (5 levels pedal assist+0), Level 2 (20 mph) and optional setting for level 3 (28mph, check with vehicle and insurance codes), manual throttle and cruise control.
5'-6', 165#.
YBMV

Old 02-05-2022, 11:41 PM

^48v not 36v.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I have a, collapsible, LectricEbikes ST 2.0 (Step Thru). 3" width, 22" nominal tire, 350 watts, 36V. front suspension, seat post suspension, comfort (fat) seat. ~70# with heavy duty rear rack and basket. Aluminum. 7 speed shift, 5 levels PAS-5 (5 levels pedal assist+0), Level 2 (20 mph) and optional setting for level 3 (28mph, check with vehicle and insurance codes), manual throttle and cruise control.
5'-6', 165#.
YBMV

Thanks! We wish we had gotten Lectric instead of the ones we got. But they still were a little heavy for us to carry in / out of the car. We like the fat tire look, but NOT the extra weight of them.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:26 PM

Lectric ST 2.0 was a recognition that I didn't need a "fast" road bike as in Propella 7S (38 #). The Lectric was close to my experience on a putt-putt (tao-tao) 49cc scooter but without the hassles of gas or licensing. I could never lift that scooter. If I need to travel with a bike, I may borrow DS's Propella. But I am not in hurry to get anywhere, and a road bike's seating and posture is no longer tolerable for anything more than a few minutes.

The Lectric ST 2.0 has only been around since July 2021(?). The ST 1.0 had 4" tires and a little bit heavier as I understand.
You can't have regrets when the item isn't around.
YeBMV

Old 02-20-2022, 07:23 PM

Default Back on the hunt!

I'm back on the hunt for some good-quality, foldable e-bikes! The ones we got ended up being the biggest lemons ever, so I guess we're stuck w/ them. (Retail price $1694 each.)

These days, we want these requirements:

- preferrably 20 x 3" tires, but I know most bikes aren't 3" wide...well take about 2.5" or 4"
- as lightweight as possible to carry in/out of the car
- can go a good long range...at least 40 miles
- at least 500w motor, preferrably 750w
- at least 48v battery, preferrably 52v
- speed in the 25-30 mph range
- twist throttle, , but thumb may be OK
- one of us needs a seat height of 31-32" at tallest
- comes in step-through AND non-step through styles (for each of us)
- price: nothing outrageous like $3K, but post here anyway & we'll see because we'll be getting a PAIR.
- great customer service when things go wrong
- hydraulic brakes preferred, but if mechanical, then OK
- full suspension, but at least front
- when repairs need to be done during warranty, how are they fixed? (Have to send bikee back which we don't want,can be reimbursed if go to local shop, etc.?)

- NOT Lectric - heard bad things & a little too cheap @ $999.
- Pedego...we'll see

(We really want the Ariel Rider & Juiced later on, which we'll get someday, but they're not foldable & we can't do non-foldable where we live now...way too much trouble.)

TIA!

Last edited by Forever Blue; 02-20-2022 at 07:43 PM..

Old 02-20-2022, 10:05 PM

so what's so sour with your Motiv's Stash?

Old 02-20-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
so what's so sour with your Motiv's Stash?

I'll tell you what happened. We've had the bikes 11 mos now, but starting about 3-4 mos into buying them, we've started having trouble & must have returned them to the bike shop 8-10x's now to get repaired. The shop won't do anything except keep fixing them. We've contacted the Motiv co. directly & get a very brief, flippant reply stating, "Any refunds have to be sorted out with dealer" when we said the following to them:

"Hello, we bought two Stash models on March, 16, 2021 from a brick and mortar e-bike store in (city, state) called ___. Since having the bikes, we've come across 8-10 issues in which we've had to get some kind of repair done (faulty wires, throttle stopped working, bike doesn't accelerate, crank issue, strange noise, power cutting in and out, etc.). Currently, we need to bring BOTH bikes in yet again because one bike makes a strange noise and the other bike won't start. (Both have fully charged batteries, connections checked, etc.) When we're not riding our bikes, they're very well cushioned securely in our vehicle. They were never stored outdoors nor ever got wet. We also never rode them roughly, but casually on trails/in the park (never off-road, in the streets).

We're at the point where we don't feel safe riding these bikes anymore. I don't think anyone would feel good about riding them if something wrong kept happening about every other time they went to go biking and we ride about 1-3 times a week.

We haven't even had these bikes for 12 months. The bike shop can only keep repairing for up to a year from the purchase date, but we shouldn't have to keep bringing them in every month. We don't want replacement bikes, but a refund. What can you please do to rectify the situation? Please assist us in this matter. It would be greatly appreciated. We realize in these COVID times that times are difficult, however, we're still customers who paid our hard-earned money. We hope our concerns are addressed in a timely manner."

They're called Motiv Stash, but they're more like Motive TRASH! Fiance' came up w/ that on the fly. And I had said that we're STASHING them more than riding them. That's what their mottos SHOULD be!

Now, this is the latest that's happened:
So when we had to bring our bikes in for the latest time to get them fixed on Thursday, Feb. 17th and they were ready for pickup, which we went back the following day, the 18th. One of the bikes stopped working 3xs' all in a matter of minutes...the first time merely seconds from walking out of the bike shop BEFORE we even left the shop, so we left it there for additional repair. Even a store employee saw how we had to keep walking back in there too. That means we'll have to drive back a THIRD time over the course of 5 days.

This is not what we paid $3K total for...to have our bikes stop working every few weeks and we have to waste our time, gas money, and wear and tear on our car to bring them back repeatedly in 2+ hrs round trip fwy traffic. That's not the solution. It's like putting a band-aid on a gushing, open-infested wound. Again, we never rode our bikes in a rough way, they've stayed in the car when not riding them surrounded by pillows & folded blankets for cushioning, never out in the elements/rain, etc.

So it's pretty much guaranteed that every 2nd or 3rd ride, the bike(s) isn't/aren't going to start. Fiance' suggested that all new wiring probably needs to be done, but the shop won't do all that. The bike shop & the brand co. keeps passing the responsibility to each other. No one wants to take responsibility.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:45 PM

so, what have you heard about the Lectricbike ST2.0?

I figured that comfort package with folding lock coupled with front rack, front + back baskets special, wasn't too bad for a Black Friday deal, in early Nov '21. Delivery included.
Have tried the baskets. They're really not needed since a light rear basket on the existing rear rack is enough. I did buy a pannier set, if I do any 40mi/leg trips. I may want to get another battery ($300, 8#) to double the range-it's still too cold in Seattle area to do much touring.

JMO, ebikes will get better, but also more expensive.
YBMV

Old 02-20-2022, 11:00 PM

That's too bad.
So far no problems on my Lectric but I don't have that many miles. Still too cold, although everyday I have hopes in getting out. Looking for a new helmet, VictGoal, at higher speeds you need better eye protection. Looking at an disc rotor lock with motion alarm. The kyptonite cable & lock is just too bulky and heavy. I'll continue using the folding lock.
YBmV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling