Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2024, 01:03 PM

8,087 posts, read 3,995,052 times

Advertisements

WTH is wrong with some people???

Quote:
Officers found dozens of animals deceased in a freezer in the kitchen of a cluttered home as part of an ongoing animal abuse and hoarding case. Boulder City, NV police arrested Carolyn Luke, 72; and Timothy Miller, 79, in March.

Last month, a judge sentenced each to a suspended jail sentence on multiple animal abuse charges.
Lots of dead animals in their home and in a hotel room. Lots of live ones, too.

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigato...mell-of-death/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 07:24 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,112,506 times
Nasty. Most hoarders I've known operate on their own, or are constantly fighting over their hoarding with a non-hoarder spouse. These two took it to a horrific level.

I had an older neighbor lady that died a few years ago. When we went over for a pre-estate sale look-through a cleaning crew was there and they said we probably wouldn't want the freezer because it was full of dead mice still stuck on sticky glue traps. Ugh. Tossing them out in the woods of her 10 acre property must have been too challenging so she just tossed them in the freezer.

Old 05-06-2024, 07:32 PM

5,439 posts, read 3,535,989 times
Did anyone open that article and see the 3rd picture (2nd one of the kitchen)? Are those stuffed animal toys or are they actual animals?

Old 05-06-2024, 08:04 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,112,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Did anyone open that article and see the 3rd picture (2nd one of the kitchen)? Are those stuffed animal toys or are they actual animals?
I saw that and instantly thought of a hoarder lady I used to know. Her kitchen was like that, every square inch of counter space taken up with little doo-dads and figurines, even covering the stove top. (She never cooked and went into town for meals every day.) She had a big room on the second floor that she wanted to rent out, and it was FILLED with crap from floor to ceiling, with a path leading to a cleared space big enough for a bed, dresser, and makeshift closet. I heard she actually had a few tenants, but none lasted longer than a month.

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

1,066 posts, read 599,323 times
I hope they don't look in my freezer, Good lord, I'll never get out of jail! There's several animals that have been murdered, dismembered and cut up into pieces. They'll give me 100 years if they find out about our upcoming BBQ.

Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM

7,298 posts, read 4,659,101 times
A guy in Reno was taking free small dogs and torturing them and then killing them. Luckily he went to prison. I am always telling people on Nextdoor to charge a small rehoming fee instead of giving pets away. Ugh!!

Old Today, 10:06 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,730 posts, read 81,641,337 times
Most animal hospitals will place the dead/euthanized dogs/cats into a big freezer until they get picked up for cremation. I suppose the question is how they all died, and whether "her babies" were being sold as food to those that like to eat Guinea pigs, like in in Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. If anything there is no doubt that they had too many dogs for the house. Like most cat ladies, they seem to be a few beers short of a six pack.

Old Today, 10:52 AM

37,554 posts, read 61,609,878 times
We have three chest freezers, all of them are full of meat.

I do not see the problem.

Old Today, 01:39 PM

23,479 posts, read 19,172,285 times
An animal hoarding case? Finding dead things in a freezer wouldn't surprise me at all. Someone who can't give up neglected pets in life probably can't give them up in death either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events