Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 07:03 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,428,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I just saw that the father said they don’t drink and wants to know how his kid had access to alcohol. Looks like he is setttng up a case of blame on the cruise ship for a law suit.
Most likely he made friends with someone older who had a drink package. His card clearly would have indicated he was under 21 and the bartenders would not risk losing their job and having to shell out money to fly back home (fired from a cruise line and they will not pay your way home; same goes if kicked off). For those who never cruise you have to present your card to buy anything, no cash. Father would have seen on his bill any charges if he was served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 07:08 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,428,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Friends of mine take empty "bag in box" wine bags and fill them up with liquor, discard the box, and shove the filled bag in their luggage. They've never had an issue doing this. I'd be too paranoid I might get caught, but I guess the punishment would just involve them throwing it out..?
Some take wine bottles and fill them with liquor. You are allowed a certain number of bottles on board at the start. RC has one bottle per person over 21. However, you still have to buy whatever you might mix it with or drink it on the rocks. I have never had anyone look at the bottles carefully.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:39 AM

699 posts, read 287,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Some take wine bottles and fill them with liquor. You are allowed a certain number of bottles on board at the start. RC has one bottle per person over 21. However, you still have to buy whatever you might mix it with or drink it on the rocks. I have never had anyone look at the bottles carefully.
That works in most cases! You can simply carry it on board for RCL, no need to hide it in your luggage. I've read a few rare cases where they checked the bottle and person got busted. But in no cases was there a penalty other than confiscation of the bottle.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:48 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I did notice that the published policy bans bring onboard beer or liquor but said nothing about wine. Wondering why that is.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:11 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I did notice that the published policy bans bring onboard beer or liquor but said nothing about wine. Wondering why that is.

I noticed that, too.. I thought "Catholics" but.. that.. Kinda seems silly.

I could see it more on European departing cruises.. They're generally much more wine-centric than we are here in the states.. But.. I'm a touch curious as to the reasoning myself.

Old 04-18-2024, 06:02 PM

2,032 posts, read 1,655,886 times
Quote:

Different thing, but we were returning by air to the US from a week in Mexico. I had a couple bottles of tequila in my bag along with a six-pack of beer. They searched my bag and confiscated the beer but the tequila was ok to take. Never understood why that was.

Old Today, 06:41 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,316,354 times
Quote:
Because the cruise line wants you to pay big bucks for it on the ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events