Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 05:11 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,101,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That is going a bit far. A teacher needs to be able to control the students and the classroom.
A teacher will not have control of a kid that is 6'7 300 lbs. This teacher was nuts in snatching the game away from the kid without any type of backup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 06:22 PM

35,188 posts, read 17,102,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
A teacher will not have control of a kid that is 6'7 300 lbs. This teacher was nuts in snatching the game away from the kid without any type of backup.
The system was nuts for allowing the "student" to believe he could get away with that.

Old Today, 11:35 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,101,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The system was nuts for allowing the "student" to believe he could get away with that.
He is facing 30 years in prison. What are you talking about?

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...-be-sentenced/

Old Today, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
He is facing 30 years in prison. What are you talking about?

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...-be-sentenced/
I would guess he expected he could get away with it. He asked the arresting officers when he was going back to his group home.

Old Today, 01:09 PM

7,598 posts, read 4,174,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
I keep trying to type up a post but I'm finding it hard to not get angry at the ignorance. When I first glanced at this thread a while back, I was more entertained by the discussion about "gamer rage" but somehow I missed a lot of the vile and disgusting language that had been used. All I can say right now is that I am happy most of you aren't in charge and calling any shots. It's clear this school district isn't doing much better, if they are failing their special needs students as poorly as the lawsuit alleges. But had some of the posters ITT been running things, he'd have already been lobotomized and locked in a cage at a carnival for the public to gawk at.
I found an article that provides more details. It looks like the paraprofessional did handle it appropriately. She did not lay her hands on him or his property.

She was following the student from class to class and notified his primary teacher that the Nintendo Switch had a become a problem with a substitute. The primary teacher then decided to not allow him to have the game upon his return. He became angry with the victim because she had informed the primary teacher.

Quote:
They then returned to Depa’s regular classroom, where his primary teacher broached the issue.

Depa realized Naydich had informed her what happened in his prior class — and Depa’s volcanic temper began to bubble.

“That’s when he started calling me names,” Naydich said.
https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/news/f...t-in-her-face/

Old Today, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I found an article that provides more details. It looks like the paraprofessional did handle it appropriately. She did not lay her hands on him or his property.

She was following the student from class to class and notified his primary teacher that the Nintendo Switch had a become a problem with a substitute. The primary teacher then decided to not allow him to have the game upon his return. He became angry with the victim because she had informed the primary teacher.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/news/f...t-in-her-face/
The correction is much appreciated. However, that is not the point. The need for people who need to maintain control and discipline to walk on "pins and needles" ensures general disorder.

Old Today, 05:32 PM

9,446 posts, read 11,198,241 times
My father would probably suggest a good horsewhipping for this punk. Inflict pain, feel pain. Old school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events