Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:38 AM

23,896 posts, read 33,650,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I can't imagine they'd let him out, regardless what the wife wants. The shame of it is, he is probably using everything they have for his defense lawyers.

I don't doubt that his lawyer is draining any savings that they have. I haven't seen anything written on whether the wife is employed or if she's a stay at home mother.

I'll be surprised if they do release him to get help as an outpatient. If he is ordered to do psychiatric help, it will most likely be admitted to a psychiatric facility where there are armed guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
If she gets her way I sure hope she takes the wheel from now on. But I don't believe she has the ability to not press charges does she?

I hope she does not have the ability to not press charges; that law enforcement are the ones who press charges because of how many domestic violence victims end up not pressing charges or they will not show up for court. Cops are the ones who press charges where I live. Hopefully it is the same there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
What income? His medical license was suspended shortly after the incident. Nobody is going to let a psychotic, homicidal and suicidal doctor practice medicine while they are out on bail awaiting trial for trying to murder his family and kill himself.

I never said anyone would actually let him return to practice medicine. I was more so saying why she may be playing down what he did to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX View Post
Remember this is California where it's happening.

I recall some cases in California where the accused got a slap on the wrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:34 AM

26,791 posts, read 26,914,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX View Post
Remember this is California where it's happening.
As if the Medical Board of California is more lenient in its regulations of physicians than any other state.

Old Today, 08:41 AM

10,119 posts, read 6,469,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
That is a good question. Why couldnt he have just killed himself? They trauma they will have from this is unimaginable.
Because they are "family annihilators". They want to take the entire family with them so no one else can survive and live happily after their own demise. Perfect definition of total selfishness and self-centeredness.

Old Today, 09:46 AM
SFX

1,648 posts, read 903,306 times
Quote:
The California doctor accused of purposefully driving his Tesla off a 250ft Devil Slide's cliff thought he was protecting his family, a psychologist testified.

Dharmesh Patel, 42, was experiencing a psychotic episode and feared his two kids would be sex trafficked, Dr. Mark Patterson, an expert witness called by Patel's attorney said on Wednesday.

'It was paranoid and kind of delusional thinking that he acted on at the time to protect his family from a worse fate,' Patterson told the court.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ficked%2C%20Dr.

Old Today, 09:49 AM
SFX

1,648 posts, read 903,306 times
Reminds me of Nam

"It became necessary to destroy the town to save it."

Spoiler
For those who don't know. An entire village of people was slaughtered, to protect them from becoming Viet Cong.

The veracity of the sentiment is in question.

Old Today, 10:23 AM

26,791 posts, read 26,914,688 times
British tabloid journalism at its finest, focusing on sensationalism as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events