Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 12:05 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times

Advertisements

I remember in 1997 we went to Lollapalooza where Snoop Dog, Tool and The Prodigy performed among several other acts. Korn was scheduled to perform as well but for some reason didn't make it. It was odd to me that Corpus Christi was hosting such a large concert but we still made the drive down from San Antonio. I also had my first internet experience there as there was sample internet booths at the festival... I had no idea what I was doing at the time haha.

What ever happened to this place? Anybody else have any fond memories of this concert venue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2023, 07:05 AM

108 posts, read 484,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I remember in 1997 we went to Lollapalooza where Snoop Dog, Tool and The Prodigy performed among several other acts. Korn was scheduled to perform as well but for some reason didn't make it. It was odd to me that Corpus Christi was hosting such a large concert but we still made the drive down from San Antonio. I also had my first internet experience there as there was sample internet booths at the festival... I had no idea what I was doing at the time haha.

What ever happened to this place? Anybody else have any fond memories of this concert venue?
Was a cool place when I was young. It was opened/owned by local celeb Johnny Canales and a local lawyer. It was originally called JohnnyLand then changed to Texas Sky a couple of years later. A couple of years after that Canales re-found Jesus and changed it to a Christian music venue.

I saw numerous country concerts there and specifically remember going to see The Butthole Surfers and Megadeath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi