Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:16 AM

6,959 posts, read 3,785,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Do you think it will back up 95 to Westport So Bound on Saturday? We are heading into the city and normally park in Westport. I’m thinking we should just grab it in West Haven.
There's a 1PM Yankee game Saturday so morning trains will be more crowded than usual for a weekend. I'd get on right at the beginning maybe even New Haven itself to guarantee a seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
They are everywhere including the tony towns. If you don’t think Jr. is driving recklessly in his gifted BMW…
Yes, I may have mentioned shaggy headed Greenwich kid in white BMW I've seen on a few occasions but this was from the other direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM

21,654 posts, read 31,269,696 times
Thankfully, the destroyed bridge is only an overpass and it looks like once it’s demolished, 95 can reopen (hopefully by Monday).

Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM

10,142 posts, read 15,024,668 times
Now that I look at this bridge more closely, that is the bridge one goes over when turning left at exit 14. I don’t think there has been a time I have done that and the traffic light on the Connecticut Avenue intersection wasn’t red, meaning quite a few time I have driven over that bridge and even waited on that bridge for the traffic light to change. Gulp…

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

21,701 posts, read 12,848,727 times
Literally just came up 95 a few hours before this. Sucks for my drive back down to Bmore…

Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

21,654 posts, read 31,269,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Literally just came up 95 a few hours before this. Sucks for my drive back down to Bmore…
Take 84-684 if at all possible.

Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

83,560 posts, read 75,474,029 times
Seen many trucks on Merritt because of it; now Police are stationed near the exits

Road Damage
Bridge Damage

It's gonna be days. Post road around Route 7 is a mess looking at Google Maps

Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM

787 posts, read 826,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
There's a 1PM Yankee game Saturday so morning trains will be more crowded than usual for a weekend. I'd get on right at the beginning maybe even New Haven itself to guarantee a seat.

Yes, I may have mentioned shaggy headed Greenwich kid in white BMW I've seen on a few occasions but this was from the other direction.
Darien has the BMWs not us.

Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

6,345 posts, read 11,109,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Those of us old enough to remember "days of yore" can recall the collapse of the Mianus River bridge in 1983 which closed I-95. What a horrible summer- with traffic diverted to local streets. I think the closure was for several months.

https://connecticuthistory.org/mianu...ay-in-history/
I remember that. Mianus River Bridge collapse. Stratford Toll Booth accident also happened in 1983 that led the removal of tolls on I 95. At least this accident didn't cause any loss of life or limb.

Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

83,560 posts, read 75,474,029 times
I'm more curious what it does to the atmosphere.

Added the I-95 Norwalk Tanker Fire yesterday to this collage.. The Groton one from last year is on there

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

4,470 posts, read 3,367,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Seen many trucks on Merritt because of it; now Police are stationed near the exits

Road Damage
Bridge Damage

It's gonna be days. Post road around Route 7 is a mess looking at Google Maps
The Merrit Parkway "no exit zone" (exits 42 to 44) is going to be beyond awful and so will the Cross Highway back roads. Time for back roads plan #2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut