Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,893,272 times

Advertisements

I know we have a thread going on the Steel Point project but don't think we have any discussing other developments in Bridgeport. The article below is a political piece out of the Mayor's office touting all the downtown redevelopment going on but buried in it is the mention of a developer looking to build a 225,000 square foot office building in Downtown North. This is the first I have heard of it and wonder if it is real or just another pipe dream. Anyone know?

Finch promotes downtown developments - Connecticut Post

The city is also looking for redevelopment opportunities in Black Rock and is looking to rezone Fairfield Avenue for more intense development. There has been a lot of interest in Black Rock since nearby Fairfield Metro Center opened and pedestrian bridge connecting the core of Black Rock to the station area is moving forward. I know that apartments are being built on Fairfield Avenue and have been proposed for the old Showcase site. Jay

Black Rock zone changes considered - Connecticut Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 10:02 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
I think Boston Ave and Broadbridge area be a great area for development. Know there is lots of empty lots in that area. Remington Arms was supposed to be a condominium definitely be a great place to maybe create a walkable area of downtown. Your near the Hospital. Sure Bridgeport Hospital be behind thst growth.

Think also maybe expanding a second rail stop or trolley line be a good investment for the city. Also add an express bus lane from New Haven to Bridgeport and Waterbury to Bridgeport.

Bridgeport has a lot it can do and grow than any city in CT. I mean it has area's that thrived, but can revived. Can grow from the ground up in places. I mean there are some amazing eateries in Bridgeport. I think the East side be the best area.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:02 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Black Rock is a great development opportunity. Rents are high and vacancy is low.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:38 AM

2,753 posts, read 3,309,672 times
That tower would be pretty cool but why Bridgeport out of all places?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:00 AM

I like the idea of Barnum Square

Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I think Boston Ave and Broadbridge area be a great area for development. Know there is lots of empty lots in that area. Remington Arms was supposed to be a condominium definitely be a great place to maybe create a walkable area of downtown. Your near the Hospital. Sure Bridgeport Hospital be behind thst growth.

Think also maybe expanding a second rail stop or trolley line be a good investment for the city. Also add an express bus lane from New Haven to Bridgeport and Waterbury to Bridgeport.

Bridgeport has a lot it can do and grow than any city in CT. I mean it has area's that thrived, but can revived. Can grow from the ground up in places. I mean there are some amazing eateries in Bridgeport. I think the East side be the best area.
Unfortunately the East Side is one of the city's worst neighborhoods. Too bad because it has such a rich and interesting history. There are some stunning homes around Washington Park and East Main has/had some beautiful buildings. I know the city and state are talking about building a train station on the old Remington Arms property along with a Transit Oriented Development but that is likely to be years down the road. Jay

Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 PM

Not sure why add a station at Remington, but I'll take it ha. Least it's a half a mile not a 3 mile walk to the current station for me. Definitely would say neat St V. a bit more developed, but feel East is a better area. I looked online houses are really nice inside, but due to the area of Bridgeport prices are low.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:26 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,718,599 times
If I have a fantasy about all of this, it's that they'll do something with all those abandoned warehouses and clean them up and turn them into loft units. I'm glad to hear there's an interest in cleaning up Bridgeport, but it shouldn't be limited to just downtown. This is a mistake that cities make all too often: They focus their attention solely on either just downtown or the outskirts of it, gentrify it and think everything is done. It's the outlying, lower density areas that truly need resucitating. I realize this would be a huge undertaking, but if the environmental cleanup costs didn't make it prohibitive it could be a huge boon to the city. Just my $0.02

Old 09-03-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromCT View Post
If I have a fantasy about all of this, it's that they'll do something with all those abandoned warehouses and clean them up and turn them into loft units. I'm glad to hear there's an interest in cleaning up Bridgeport, but it shouldn't be limited to just downtown. This is a mistake that cities make all too often: They focus their attention solely on either just downtown or the outskirts of it, gentrify it and think everything is done. It's the outlying, lower density areas that truly need resucitating. I realize this would be a huge undertaking, but if the environmental cleanup costs didn't make it prohibitive it could be a huge boon to the city. Just my $0.02
I think once downtown is completely redeveloped (which is coming soon), it will spread to other neighborhoods. At least I hope it will. Jay

Old 09-03-2015, 11:06 AM

Warehouses in Bridgeport remind me a lot of Waterbury. Feel Bridgeport can generate better investment to fix itself up than Waterbury. The outskirts definitely need revitalization though. I think what hurts Bridgeport economically is there is malls in Trumbull/Milford and retail center in Norwalk hurt small and large restaurant/retail stores.

Think by Crescent St. Barnum Ave between Hallett can build a park connect to Seaview Park I think be great idea.

I think placing a movie theater and a theater like the Palace. Also bigger name hotels, but need places first so people can have a reason to come to Bridgeport.

Probably a bit expensive a Danbury train line to Trumbull to Harbor Park. A station by Cross Street. I think if they can do a line from Danbury to Bridgeport Waterbury to Bridgeport New Haven to Bridgeport...you can make Bridgeport a huge transport hub for the state.

Last edited by RunD1987; 09-03-2015 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut