Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 10:29 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Ah yes I usually report those. But it had more than 1 post
Oh yeah, this guy is not a 1-hit wonder like the other one that revived a 14 yo thread.
That said, he is not very active either but replying to a 6 month old thread with a relevant post is OK as far as I am concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 56 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Not sure if it was a power glitch(we have a surge protector I believe) but yesterday the desktop showed message hard drive doesn't exist. It's a Dell Vostro I got a couple years ago from an office setting,so it may not be the most up to date thing...but for our small needs it was fine. However it may have just aged out. Is this repairable or even recoverable and transferable to a new unit?...

Hi There,

You need to ensure that all cables connecting the hard drive to the motherboard are securely attached. If the hard drive is still malfunctioning, it may still be possible to retrieve your data by connecting the drive to another computer as a secondary drive or using external hard drive enclosures. After that, you can use professional data recovery software available to recover the lost data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers