Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 10:05 PM

6,065 posts, read 4,263,554 times

Advertisements

We get a "real Spring" a few days at a time, typically interspersed with a few days of winter. May, June and October are my three favorite months here, and they're lovely....but that doesn't mean we can't get snow in May or October. May happens every few years, but October seems to happen most years. But then Spring comes back a few days later. I suppose too much of a good thing would make you appreciate it less!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 08:32 AM

22,449 posts, read 29,611,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Unfortunately Grayson had to be euthanized a week before we left Florida. He had a bladder issue which was going to cost thousands of dollars to repair with no guarantee he would be okay.

Miss Binx was actually great. Wouldn't even know we had a cat in the car with us. Coco sat on a pillow in my lap the whole trip and Hannah was great also.

Sadly, Coco died this past Monday. I am heartbroken. A month ago we had 2 dogs and 2 cats. Now we only have one of each.
I'm so very sorry for both your losses! At least you finally made here safely. Now go make reservations for LaLoma!!! Delish and stunning views

Old 03-30-2024, 06:58 PM

2,294 posts, read 1,692,351 times
I hope you are adjusting to the altitude and every day is a little better. What I loved about CO was no bugs! So enjoyable to be able to take a walk or just sit outside in the evening without getting eaten alive.

So very sorry about your pets. I know that pain.

Is your son back home now? Take it slow and easy and wishing you the best ~

Old 04-01-2024, 09:56 AM

15,225 posts, read 10,403,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
We get a "real Spring" a few days at a time, typically interspersed with a few days of winter. May, June and October are my three favorite months here, and they're lovely....but that doesn't mean we can't get snow in May or October. May happens every few years, but October seems to happen most years. But then Spring comes back a few days later. I suppose too much of a good thing would make you appreciate it less!
My son, the one that has lived here 3 years said those are his favorite three months also. I have definitely noticed when the sun is shining it's very much warmer than the cloudy days. It makes 58 degrees feel warm!

Old 04-08-2024, 10:08 AM

Still getting some altitude sickness but having more good days than bad. The Wind! OMG! Saturday's wind gusts reminded me of a hurricane. Have seen hardly any bugs but I do miss hearing the birds every morning. I guess they come back when it warms up?

My oldest took me to Old Colorado on Friday and then we hiked (very slowly) at Palmer Park. What a beautiful place.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:41 AM

8,614 posts, read 14,974,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Still getting some altitude sickness but having more good days than bad. The Wind! OMG! Saturday's wind gusts reminded me of a hurricane. Have seen hardly any bugs but I do miss hearing the birds every morning. I guess they come back when it warms up?

My oldest took me to Old Colorado on Friday and then we hiked (very slowly) at Palmer Park. What a beautiful place.
You should be able to hear birds right now. I've heard plenty of them here on the SE side of Denver - mostly Robins, Black-capped Chickadees, Woodhouse's Scrub Jays, Red-winged Blackbirds, and House Finches. If I go down to the reservoir I'll also hear Western Meadowlarks.

Old 05-24-2024, 05:04 PM

Pretty soon I'll be here 3 months. I can't believe it. I'm glad I came in March so I have time to get used to winter come October or November. The month of May is beautiful! All the trees are blooming, I hear birds and I'm seeing robins for the first time in years. I used to see them in Florida but that was a while ago. Not sure why they don't migrate to SW Florida, the other snowbirds sure do. :-)

My kitchen windows get the morning sun and the great room gets the afternoon sun plus I can see Pikes Peak from that room. I've come to understand the wild temperature swings. Yesterday I turned the a/c for a little while and today I'm sitting at my desk with pants, a long-sleeved shirt, hoodie and socks and I'm chilled. One bad thing: the stairs are not my friend. Having knee issues for the last month. I went from a one story house to a three story house. I stick to the 2nd floor as much as possible.

The main thing that I do worry about is when it gets dark at 4:30 p.m. in the winter. I found that depressing when I was living in New York. I am thoroughly enjoying texting my family back home when they are having record high temps and high humidity to tell them how it's 75 degrees with 20% humidity. I guess they will get even come January.

Colorado is a beautiful state!

Old 05-26-2024, 02:43 PM

1,465 posts, read 1,886,119 times
Default Happy for You

[quote Colorado is a beautiful state![/quote]

We knew you'd love it, despite the wind and having to dress in layers.

Old Today, 01:00 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,331,468 times
and it will be 86 degrees soon , with afternoon showers ! so beautiful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs