Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which team is your pick for the College Championship game?
Michigan 10 58.82%
Washington 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 11:32 AM

843 posts, read 563,205 times

Advertisements

I think Klatt makes a good point when he compares this game to the 2021 OSU vs Michigan game, at least on paper based on tendencies. OSU (Stroud) passed for 394 yds in 2021 and only scored 27 pts. They had a great QB and receivers, comparable to Washington's. Same thing in 2022. If people think Wash will score at will, it's unlikely to happen. They won't have the same success passing like they did against Texas. The Longhorns were a better matchup for them.

And if Wash cannot run the ball, anyone who watches football knows that one-dimensional teams usually lose. I see that Dillon Johnson will play but is he 100%? Bama couldn't run except for Milroe, and Penix doesn't run much (similar to Stroud). Michigan's D-line is very good, among the best as they showed against Bama.

If Wash can't stop the run like OSU didn't (M rushed for 297 yds that '21 game!), they're in big trouble.

So its unstoppable force vs immovable object. Should be a good game.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 01-05-2024 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 12:00 PM

116 posts, read 35,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post
I think Klatt makes a good point when he compares this game to the 2021 OSU vs Michigan game, at least on paper based on tendencies. OSU (Stroud) passed for 394 yds in 2021 and only scored 27 pts. They had a great QB and receivers, comparable to Washington's. Same thing in 2022. If people think Wash will score at will, it's unlikely to happen. They won't have the same success passing like they did against Texas. The Longhorns were a better matchup for them.

And if Wash cannot run the ball, anyone who watches football knows that one-dimensional teams usually lose. I see that Dillon Johnson will play but is he 100%? Bama couldn't run except for Milroe, and Penix doesn't run much (similar to Stroud). Michigan's D-line is very good, among the best as they showed against Bama.

If Wash can't stop the run like OSU didn't (M rushed for 297 yds that '21 game!), they're in big trouble.

I flew to both the 2019 and this year’s game against Michigan.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:00 PM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowedBuckeyeDad90 View Post
Michigan has NEVER played in a National Championship Game before in Football and they never will.

Michigan just isn’t built to play for a National Championship in Football.
That aged well LOL

Old 01-08-2024, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post

It was close until the 4th Qtr. I thought it would be closer. Mich rushed for 303 yds. Wash had 301 yds total.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 01-08-2024 at 11:35 PM..

Old 01-08-2024, 10:51 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,848,510 times
Washington sure was missing a lot of passes they normally hit (and some tackles).

Old 01-09-2024, 04:28 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,860,388 times
The better team won - point blank.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:46 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Michigan vs. Alabama
Washington vs. Texas

Michigan vs. Washington - Michigan gets the Natty. Hate for this scenario where the Harbaugh brothers could win the National Championship and the Super Bowl in the same year. It's possible.
In this instance, I wish I was wrong. Again, the Harbaugh brothers might have the National Championship and the Super bowl in the same year. I think I am going to puke.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:52 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Quote:
Texas passing game wasn't on par with Washington's passing game. Evers didn't look in synch with his receivers. Texas running game was pretty good. They should have kept running the ball to set up the passing game. Washington is looking good although their running game didn't do so well against Texas. I am sticking with Michigan but Washington will be game for an upset. I am glad two undefeated teams are in the CFP.
This scenario played out last night. Michigan ran roughshod over Washington's defense. If Texas did the same thing they would be playing Michigan. Penix was off last night. A few passes sailed on him when he had open receivers. Oh well. Good job Michigan. Now let's see if you can keep Harbaugh since he may be going to the Raiders in the NFL.

Old 01-09-2024, 12:57 PM

Quote:
This scenario played out last night. Michigan ran roughshod over Washington's defense. If Texas did the same thing they would be playing Michigan. Penix was off last night. A few passes sailed on him when he had open receivers. Oh well. Good job Michigan. Now let's see if you can keep Harbaugh since he may be going to the Raiders in the NFL.
Michigan's defense ran roughshod over Washington's offense. They beat up on Penix, he wasn't just off, they pressured him and that's why he was off. Most QB's would have the same issue. Even a QB like Brady or Peyton Manning (you name one) plays worse under pressure, but the problem is that not many teams are capable of QB pressure like what Michigan did. Their defense is better than most if not all of the teams Penix has seen this year. They scored 13 points in 13 possessions.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 01-09-2024 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-13-2024, 04:54 PM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Quote:
Antonio Pierce is the leading candidate for the Raiders' head coaching position.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...te-raiders-job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football