Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Here's some dedication for you. My mother (bless her heart) is collecting both the Philadelphia Mint and Denver Mint of each state quarter issued for each of her -- get this -- six grandchildren (ages 7 to 17). She has albums for each. When they're completed, she'll present them at each child's following birthday. Isn't that sweet!!
Mams, my husband does the same thing Can you believe 10 albumsNine grandchildren and one for himAnd yes indeedy, both mints..You wouldn't believe the rolls of quarters he has..Mams, you know that I am on the religion forum but I do a little sinning now and then and take a roll of quarters to wash my car with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 08:08 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
First Day of Issue Covers (FDC)?

If so have you found the albums to hold them?

It took some Internet research, but I found some excellent albums of very good quality, and matching slip covers are available.

I initially purchased 3 albums with 20 sheets, but the FDC's are too thick because of the quarters. I will order a fourth.

If anyone is interested post here and I'll add the link.
It's actually a nice hobby. But I'll wait until the Franklin Mint frames the entire set - better, yet, mint a limited edition set in Sterling Silver....

I have a sterling silver set from Canada from a few years ago.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
I started collecting them. Then I got to thinking. Idiot, you should be collecting the quarters they ain't making anymore. hahaha but I still collect the states. I have 7 books going right now. One for each grandkid. Also have spares case any of the kids get frisky again. I can still put together a few more books. haha

Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,951,402 times
I did.. but the wife spent them on cigarette's one day. Made me mad.. so I bought the collection online from one of those shop on TV places. And now they are in my lil safe.. she knows not to touch these. heh heh.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times
I just wandered back and I still don't think you all know what I mean. Here.

This is the First Day Cover with the quarters inserted in them. I don't collect the quarters themselves.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,862 times
Question Missing Quarters

Hello Everyone,
I have also been collecting the States Quarters since 1999 the year came out and the year my Daughter was born . This is the first time that I have collected anything. I thought that it would be an great gift to give to my Daughter once the set was completed . I decided since I was starting a coin collection that I mind as well collect a set for myself (it's been a fun journey) but, along the way I have missed afew of the States . Washinton (2), Utah (1), Hawaii (2), and Alaska (2). I was told by someone that I could get the missing coins from the bank at $1.00 for each coin . I have not checked with any banks...I quess I did'nt want to pay the interest . Can someone please tell my where can I get the States I am missing ?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 PM

298 posts, read 1,010,217 times
Wow Hawaii and Alaska are really common here.

I'm missing Delaware and a couple in the middle (sorry cant thinkk what ones)

Old 03-20-2009, 02:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
I haven't seen a Hawaii quarter yet (or the newer D.C. quarter, which is really cool). I have all of the 'Silver Eagles' $1 silver bullion coins, from when they started in 1986.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,326,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I haven't seen a Hawaii quarter yet (or the newer D.C. quarter, which is really cool). I have all of the 'Silver Eagles' $1 silver bullion coins, from when they started in 1986.
Funny-we actually got two of the DC quarters yesterday here in New Hampshire. We were in the very southern part of the state about an hour and a half from home and that is where we found them.

I find that a lot-when we are away from home is when we find most of the new quarters.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:43 AM

298 posts, read 1,010,217 times
My husband got the DC one when he was snowboarding the other week in Pa. The women had 3 rolls of them that she had just opened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques