Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 04:04 PM

529 posts, read 189,306 times

Advertisements

I'll tell you one thing, this prophecy will not be fulfilled as long as I'm alive, because I love Christians and would never wish them harm. I love people and that is the source of my greatest Strenght, and I love Christ too and I'm not ashamed to say that. I would raise objections and stand firm for anyone wishing to harm Christians and use my powers to stop it from happening. The prophecy can't be fulfilled as long as I'm alive because my actions contradict what is prophesied against Christians, so mote it be. Love you all, hugs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2023, 04:06 PM

11,972 posts, read 3,793,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Dog View Post
You might want to look at Mathew 24 in its entirety.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

If we look to further to Matthew 25 you will see that there is a clear calling to help the less fortunate in the world. Jesus says very clearly that if you are doing this actively you will not get eternal salvation.

My interpretation of these chapters is to stop worrying about the end of our material earth and try to live by Christ's example. A selfish focus on personal salvation is the wrong approach IMHO. Focus on the here and now and salvation will only come from good deeds.
I agree about the intentions

Good deeds done with the best of intentions

But what do you mean by the highlighted, what you seem to be saying if we are actively helping others we don’t get eternal salvation ??

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-29-2023 at 04:24 PM..

Old 07-29-2023, 05:00 PM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Dog View Post
You might want to look at Mathew 24 in its entirety.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

If we look to further to Matthew 25 you will see that there is a clear calling to help the less fortunate in the world. Jesus says very clearly that if you are doing this actively you will not get eternal salvation.

My interpretation of these chapters is to stop worrying about the end of our material earth and try to live by Christ's example. A selfish focus on personal salvation is the wrong approach IMHO. Focus on the here and now and salvation will only come from good deeds.
Good advice, but our salvation comes from what Jesus accomplished, NOT our good deeds. Our sanctification and the spiritual treasures we will bring to Heaven as "saved Spirits" depend on those.

Old 07-29-2023, 05:07 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,606,131 times
History tells quite a different story, since Jesus to this very day the world has hated, oppressed, totured, stolen from, deemed as vermin and literally proclaimed as dogs, demons, and devils.

You Christians think you are the ones?

Like I said 2000 years of Christianity doesnt lie, and the people who follow the religion of Christ have been gassed, experimented on in ways to make a person go mad, they were delivered in trains and walked into furnaces because they refused to simulate as the whole world did, and the whole world hates them. Every torture, oppession and death lays at the feet of every Christian standing behind Constantine and Martin Luther, and while the world is oppressing them right at this moment, here are Christians not even in the same religion Jesus practiced claiming to be them. Thats like all the hunters gathered altogether in a cabin telling stories about how the evil deer is going to get them sooner or later.

Yea, thats gonna happen.

Old 07-29-2023, 05:34 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,382,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I think I misunderstood what you were asking

We each are limited by our own intellectual/emotional selves and we can only each comprehend what relates to us personally or on what we have experienced or read or processed

We are all imperfect human beings within the much greater scheme, I am aware of that and I have come to the stage of being comfortable with that

My religious indoctrination is something I can’t let go but I have been able to understand that it has a connection to something greater than me personally and individually, and I believe there are a lot more on this forum who have that same type of religious predisposition that is beyond their own control

This is where I see that are divisions or divides between our purely human self and to our responsibilities with each other and those which are over us as parents/teachers/keepers at the societal and religious type level

These can and do get confused and mixed up, the spiritual and the religious are connected via threads I think

It seems to take experience to switch between the impersonal and the personal, the religious and spiritual, and to be able to see and understand that while they are linked they can also be disconnected or irrelevant too

Maybe you could give me some of your views as I am not a teacher, and we can both gain from it

Also, this thread is about the end times and the signs for that …. I was trying to be on-topic
Yes. Relative to the " end times " I was specifically curious about the end of the " period " you were referring to.

Old 07-29-2023, 05:34 PM

9,704 posts, read 10,080,441 times
Actually Christians will come to a place where there will be no divisions between them, THEN the antichrist will triple down on them around the world ....... BUT Jesus is our hope and victory as Christians may be completely killed off like the rest of the world, Jesus will resurrect the body of Christ and rule in His kingdom on the earth and in heaven forever and a day ..... See the fight is the Lord and the victory is the Christians of Christ........ There could be a complete global nuclear holocaust and Jesus will fix the earth and resurrect His followers and rule in the earth...... God will wipe away the tears

Old 07-29-2023, 05:54 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,182,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post
There is no other religion in the world that is hated of all nations like Christianity.
Oy vey.

Old 07-29-2023, 06:40 PM

20,231 posts, read 13,641,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
We have been in 'the last days' going on about 2000 years now,
though Molech worship did seem to return/go mainstream around 1960's or so and we're now seeing the fruits of that.
I have never met a worshipper of Molech or anyone doing child sacrifices (the most distinctive feature of the worship of Molech). What are you on about?

Old 07-29-2023, 06:46 PM

11,972 posts, read 3,793,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I have never met a worshipper of Molech or anyone doing child sacrifices (the most distinctive feature of the worship of Molech). What are you on about?
Me either
Some Roman Catholic perspective I think

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-29-2023 at 07:10 PM..

Old 07-29-2023, 07:26 PM

43,623 posts, read 18,687,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post
In Matthew 24, Jesus gave a clear-cut sign of the end times.

Matthew 24
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

In our generation, this Scripture is being fulfilled. In fulfillment of the first part of this Scripture, Christians are being afflicted and killed in many parts of the world, e.g., China, North Korea, Africa, Hindu and Islamic nations. In the Western world, Christians are not killed but rather are hated and ostracized because they resist the avalanche of sin being normalized, e.g., wicked entertainment, homosexuality, transgenderism, etc.., fulfilling the second part of the Scripture.

There is no other religion in the world that is hated of all nations like Christianity. It's time to brace yourselves, as it's going to get very tough for real Christians. Hold fast in your heart to the truth and testimony of Jesus Christ because the hour of His triumphant return is drawing very near. He gave us signs for a reason. Remember, Jesus rebuked the people of His day because they did not recognize the sign of His first coming.

Matthew 16
[1] The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
[2] He [Jesus] answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
[3] And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Both Matthew and Jesus were Jewish. There was no Christianity yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity