Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2023, 03:17 PM

22 posts, read 21,820 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm going through a very rough patch. I moved to Chicago from DC in January 2023. It's been very rocky with crazy landlords. I'm now in a bad situation in the S side.

I came to find this lush landlord on Craigslist. I know that's a bad place for roommates, but it was affordable at $500.

The landlord is crazy. It's taking a toll on my health. I did speak to a tenant organization, but this lush seems somewhat unphased but my attempts at mediation. I have retained an attorney free of cost, but I didn't think it would go this far with someone being unphased.

I was told to call the police if he makes any moves such as changing the locks AKA self help eviction, or doing other illegal activities.

I tried to call 311 today, but was on hold for 20 minutes!!!! I ended up hanging up. What's with this ultra long wait time? I know there's already a housing issue in Chicago. I'm really wanting to just leave this disgusting house! I don't have a place to go to though.

I'm looking for any advice on whom to contact. I'm on the verge of getting a flight, and abandoning most off my belongings because I simply want my sanity!

I've tried to find friends with a couch, it's been unsuccessful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2023, 03:21 PM

22 posts, read 21,820 times
I still have a roof over my head. I just want to get out asap. The tenant intervention line I called was for restraint purposes.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:11 AM

4,661 posts, read 3,293,395 times
What ever happened to marukai's situation? ...

Old 03-21-2024, 06:42 PM

161 posts, read 129,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
What ever happened to marukai's situation? ...
He was probably an illegal. Life isn't going to get better for them. When the political money runs out, they will all be homeless unless they take to squatting in a blue state.*

Old Today, 05:09 PM

13 posts, read 854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace512 View Post
He was probably an illegal. Life isn't going to get better for them. When the political money runs out, they will all be homeless unless they take to squatting in a blue state.*
An illegal with perfect English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago