Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2024, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 376 times

Advertisements

We were planning to move to Indian Trail,NC this summer. We have a 12 year old son who will be attending Porter Ridge school district if we move. We could see a many online comments related to Bullying, drugs etc.
will appreciate any insights from people who have first hand experience with Porter Ridge schools. Thank you in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2024, 04:06 PM

5,457 posts, read 6,049,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim12 View Post
We were planning to move to Indian Trail,NC this summer. We have a 12 year old son who will be attending Porter Ridge school district if we move. We could see a many online comments related to Bullying, drugs etc.
will appreciate any insights from people who have first hand experience with Porter Ridge schools. Thank you in Advance!
You can see those sort of comments with most schools if you dig enough. Volunteer as much as possible, get to know the teachers and administration, trust your child and their upbringing. Porter Ridge is a good cluster within the County schools. I wouldn't hesitate to send any of my children to the PR district.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
You can see those sort of comments with most schools if you dig enough. Volunteer as much as possible, get to know the teachers and administration, trust your child and their upbringing. Porter Ridge is a good cluster within the County schools. I wouldn't hesitate to send any of my children to the PR district.
Thank you @getatag, I agree that school experience can differ based on students involvement in school activities though the rating of Porter middle school is high compared to Porter ridge high school but the middle school where our son will be going seems to have more negative comments by student/Parents on different forums making us to re-think our decision to move to Indian Trail.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:45 PM

5,457 posts, read 6,049,852 times
I always take the negative comments with a grain of salt. Most people don't make the effort to go on those sites unless they have an axe to grind. Positive comments are far and few between.

Old Today, 02:22 PM

3 posts
You know, you'll come across those kinds of comments about lots of schools if you search around a bit. My advice? Get involved as much as you can, really get to know the teachers and staff, and have faith in your child and the values you've instilled in them. Now, let me tell you about Porter Ridge—it's a wonderful cluster within the County schools. I wouldn't think twice about sending any of my children there. It's just got that special something that makes it a great choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte