Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2023, 10:13 PM

7 posts, read 11,597 times

Advertisements

We’re looking for a home with some acreage doesn’t have to be much just over 2 acres that’s not horribly far from Charlotte. Any advice on nice areas that aren’t super high in crime and decent price?
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 12:25 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
You will have to be specific about your budget for buying. I would interpret that as under $500,000. What part of Charlotte is the job at? As a general answer, you should look outside the Interstate 485 beltway, which is 12 miles from the center of Charlotte. Two acres is a lot of land in an urban area, but I thought Concord might work, and it is about 19 miles from the center. Concord has a lower than average crime rate at C-D.

Here's small new construction house on almost 3 acres: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Here's an older ranch on a private setting with a convenient commute to the University City area: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

BTW, I asked the moderator to move your post to the Charlotte sub-forum where you are likely to get better answers from the real-estate savvy folks.

Last edited by goldenage1; 10-08-2023 at 12:39 AM..

Old 10-08-2023, 06:17 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesserevil27 View Post
We’re looking for a home with some acreage doesn’t have to be much just over 2 acres that’s not horribly far from Charlotte Any advice on nice areas that aren’t super high in crime and decent price?
Thanks in advance!
The more specificity you can provide on defining what you mean regarding the bolded items, the better answers you'll get.

Old 10-08-2023, 06:25 AM

In the under $500K range in Charlotte with 1+ acres, you will typically find an older house, often needing work, or a new construction place on a lot that needs a septic tank.

Please specify which side of Charlotte you need to commute to. For example. If you are going to the airport in the southwest, is does not make sense to commute from the northeast. Gastonia to the west would be better. Please also search the many "moving to Charlotte" threads. Please also note if you have children in school.

Old 10-08-2023, 12:38 PM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
Define decent price for 2 acres.... is that $600,000 to you? $800,000? $1,000,000? That will help folks recommend areas. Do you have kids and need to consider public schools? Also... for horribly far, are you commuting daily and want no more than an hour each way or can you be further out than that? Do you need to drive for an 8 - 5 rush hour job? More details will produce better recommendations.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:22 AM

7 posts, read 11,597 times
Sorry, just getting to this. No more than an hour drive. Less than 500k. No kids just some livestock. I don’t mind an older house as I am quite handy.

Old 10-10-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry, just getting to this. No more than an hour drive. Less than 500k. No kids just some livestock. I don’t mind an older house as I am quite handy.
It still matters which part of Charlotte you would be commuting to. I'll stick with the suggestion of Concord to the northeast and Gastonia to the west. Add Monroe and Lancaster and Indian Land, SC if commuting from the southeast. Just avoid HOA's which usually do not allow livestock, and look for a fenced property.

Last edited by goldenage1; 10-10-2023 at 02:31 PM..

Old 10-11-2023, 05:46 AM

335 posts, read 427,524 times
Quote:
Personally, I’d focus on the areas around Midland as my primary choice…decent amount of options through there under $500k, close to booming Locust, not a bad drive into Charlotte either. Mineral Springs, just east of Waxhaw has some good options and downtown Waxhaw is downright cute IMO (although it is way busy).
As others have said, Lancaster, Gastonia, those would be my third and fourth choices.

Old 10-11-2023, 06:16 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,690,627 times
I'd echo the Midland area as well. There are houses on the market that have 2 acres under $500k that are small / modest, but there is some inventory. The commute into Charlotte is about an hour from there.... but again depends on the part of Charlotte. If the job is near Steele Creek for example... Midland doesn't work well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte