Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:14 PM

750 posts, read 430,231 times

Advertisements

to those comments that OJ was not physically able. Let's not forget that OJ Simpson was a special athlete. So even his 40+ year old arthritic body is stronger than any female and the majority of average males, especially when he is armed with a knife and amped up on drugs, maybe cocaine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 11:01 AM

17,719 posts, read 15,467,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Oh, the bloody gloves, etc.? That's easy. LAPD planting evidence. I really admire how you ignore OJ's physical condition at the time. He had arthritic knees and the gloves didn't fit. OJ wasn't in any physical condition to tussle with anyone. Much less perform a perfect murder for the first time and get away with it. Blood shrank the gloves. Preposterous! OJ wasn't even there when this happened. He was on his way to Chicago and Nicole was still alive. Suppressed phone records will prove this after 75 years. Yes, 75 years! That's how long the judge sealed phone records where Nicole was on the phone and OJ had already left for the airport. Go ahead, ignore facts. I really wish they would reopen this case to prove it to the millions of people the errors of their judgement. OJ hired Glen Rogers to get earrings back? OMG smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhoDCmIRcSM

yes, horrible, horrible arthritis.. Can barely play golf all day..

And.. Source on the 75 year 'seal' on the phone records?

You're the one who brought up Glen Rogers.. That was his confession. When the crap you're flinging goes back in your face.. That's not MY fault.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:32 PM

4,106 posts, read 2,432,782 times
I, also, brought up his condition when he came back from Chicago. No bruises and a small cut on his finger from being examined by the cops when he got back. He would have had more than some superficial cut on his finger from the brutal killing of two people. Keep ignoring the obvious. LAPD still has all the evidence in storage. It's officially an unsolved case. They will never re-open it because 1) the millions of people that still believe that OJ did it, 2) If the re-opened case would prove(and it would) that OJ didn't do it. Goldmans suit would go poof. The estate would ask for all proceeds received returned. Including the Heisman trophy Goldman keeps rubbing hoping for that magic Genie. Upthread someone mentioned OJ was in a rage probably from cocaine. Only cokehead was Nicole. One theory was she was killed for drug debts unpaid. Dude who knows and, obviously, LAPD doesn't care about the truth including that old detective that claims he knows the truth. Instead of doing interviews, he should be part of the equation of re-opening this unsolved murder. I will concede that I don't have a link to provide but I remember from that time those phone records were sealed for 75 years from that time. 1994-95. Sue me!

Old 04-30-2024, 03:21 PM

26,864 posts, read 27,042,892 times
Quote:
No bruises and a small cut on his finger from being examined by the cops when he got back. He would have had more than some superficial cut on his finger from the brutal killing of two people.
He had multiple cuts on his fingers. In Kardashian's interview with Barbara Walters before the civil trial, he said that it was all the blood that made him suspicious and caused him to doubt O.J.'s story.

Quote:
If the re-opened case would prove(and it would) that OJ didn't do it. Goldmans suit would go poof.
The Goldmans will never go "poof." And neither will Denise Brown.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:37 PM

3,532 posts, read 2,881,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothwynman View Post
Anybody else see the poster with the caption "TV's #1 Show: The Simpson"? It showed the Juice's mugshot, retouched so his hair resembles Bart Simpson's, and OJ has a voice balloon that says "I didn't do it, man!" I saw that poster at a state fair the summer following the acquittal.
That was on the cover of an issue of “Cracked†Magazine. I read the cartoon. With every scene, OJ’s hands became increasingly bloody.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:31 AM

4,106 posts, read 2,432,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He had multiple cuts on his fingers. In Kardashian's interview with Barbara Walters before the civil trial, he said that it was all the blood that made him suspicious and caused him to doubt O.J.'s story.

The Goldmans will never go "poof." And neither will Denise Brown.
Even if Kardashian said that, it isn't true. The Goldmans and Browns will never see a dime from that frivolous lawsuit which should have been thrown out at the time.

Old 05-26-2024, 04:41 PM

23,921 posts, read 33,760,533 times
Does anyone remember a reporter or someone from court TV trying on or putting their hand up to the glove?

Old 05-27-2024, 06:26 AM

26,864 posts, read 27,042,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Does anyone remember a reporter or someone from court TV trying on or putting their hand up to the glove?
I don't, but I'd forgotten how dramatic Simpson seemed to make his attempt to put on the gloves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16KaoVmVTPE

Old 05-28-2024, 01:55 PM

17,719 posts, read 15,467,179 times
Quote:
I don't, but I'd forgotten how dramatic Simpson seemed to make his attempt to put on the gloves.

Theatrics.. But.. Damn good theatrics. The fact that the prosecution allowed that.. Dumb. And.. Credit where it's due. Brilliant to have him stop taking his arthritis meds and allowing his joints to swell up.

One of the biggest problems was that the cut on the glove did NOT line up with the cut on OJ's hand. Which.. Is fairly easy to explain.. After all, he lost one of the gloves in the melee, so it's not beyond the realm of belief that the glove wasn't on his hand as it should have been when the cut happened.

Quote:
I, also, brought up his condition when he came back from Chicago. No bruises and a small cut on his finger from being examined by the cops when he got back. He would have had more than some superficial cut on his finger from the brutal killing of two people. Keep ignoring the obvious. LAPD still has all the evidence in storage. It's officially an unsolved case. They will never re-open it because 1) the millions of people that still believe that OJ did it, 2) If the re-opened case would prove(and it would) that OJ didn't do it. Goldmans suit would go poof. The estate would ask for all proceeds received returned. Including the Heisman trophy Goldman keeps rubbing hoping for that magic Genie. Upthread someone mentioned OJ was in a rage probably from cocaine. Only cokehead was Nicole. One theory was she was killed for drug debts unpaid. Dude who knows and, obviously, LAPD doesn't care about the truth including that old detective that claims he knows the truth. Instead of doing interviews, he should be part of the equation of re-opening this unsolved murder. I will concede that I don't have a link to provide but I remember from that time those phone records were sealed for 75 years from that time. 1994-95. Sue me!

Ah yes.. How can we argue with "Dude who knows"

BTW.. That Heisman that you claim Fred Goldman keeps rubbing.. a simple search shows... He doesn't have it.

There are 2 OJ Heisman trophies. One is at USC and is not the one that was owned by OJ (And, if you read the article, has had quite the adventure).. The other is in the hands of a private collector after being sold at auction long ago. With the proceeds going to settle the civil suit.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...isman-trophies

That 'superficial cut' was also still bleeding 24 hours later.. Really should have had stitches. Hardly superficial.

A reopened case would be fruitless. Not only because he's dead now, but also because of double jeopardy when he was still alive. The question is.. Fuhrman. Again, while the prosecution was horrendous.. I'm not really sure what they could have done to offset Fuhrman pleading the 5th when asked if he had ever planted evidence. You'd have the DNA evidence being much better now, I'd say at slam dunk levels, including the ability to say definitively where the parts of 'mixed' blood came from.. But, you've got that elephant in the room of Fuhrman. There's a good reason he never worked as a police officer/detective again after this case. He was completely toxic to any case after pleading the 5th. No matter what, you have video of him killing them.. I'm not entirely sure that would do it because of Fuhrman.

you take Fuhrman out of this case.. It's PROBABLY a guilty verdict. That being said.. It was LA in '94/'95.. While what happened was NOT jury nullification.. It would only take one person to have a hung jury. You have a hung jury in this case.. With Fuhrman.. I don't think your retry. Without? Yeah. I don't think you get 12-0 if he wasn't involved in the case. Just.. Gut feeling.

Can you imagine a hung jury? Do it all again? It was already a circus. Imagine it going on for 4 years.

Sue you? no.. Discredit?.. I'm not doing that.. You're doing a fine job of that yourself.

Old Yesterday, 01:42 AM

23,921 posts, read 33,760,533 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16KaoVmVTPE

Thanks for the video. He really played it up for everyone to make it look like they didn't fit. Someone at one time commented in an OJ thread that they can do the same thing with their leather motorcycle gloves. I agree, it isn't hard to make it look like the leather will not bounce back into shape. I have leather moccasin slippers that appear to shrink if they get wet. They bounce back after wearing for a little while.

So those gloves were supposedly a size XL? I wonder if the receipt shows what size that Nicole actually bought were, and if they were the same size as the evidence gloves.

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm whether the person did try on the gloves like they told me 20 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Theatrics.. But.. Damn good theatrics. The fact that the prosecution allowed that.. Dumb. And.. Credit where it's due. Brilliant to have him stop taking his arthritis meds and allowing his joints to swell up.

One of the biggest problems was that the cut on the glove did NOT line up with the cut on OJ's hand. Which.. Is fairly easy to explain.. After all, he lost one of the gloves in the melee, so it's not beyond the realm of belief that the glove wasn't on his hand as it should have been when the cut happened.

Ah yes.. How can we argue with "Dude who knows"

BTW.. That Heisman that you claim Fred Goldman keeps rubbing.. a simple search shows... He doesn't have it.

There are 2 OJ Heisman trophies. One is at USC and is not the one that was owned by OJ (And, if you read the article, has had quite the adventure).. The other is in the hands of a private collector after being sold at auction long ago. With the proceeds going to settle the civil suit.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...isman-trophies

That 'superficial cut' was also still bleeding 24 hours later.. Really should have had stitches. Hardly superficial.

A reopened case would be fruitless. Not only because he's dead now, but also because of double jeopardy when he was still alive. The question is.. Fuhrman. Again, while the prosecution was horrendous.. I'm not really sure what they could have done to offset Fuhrman pleading the 5th when asked if he had ever planted evidence. You'd have the DNA evidence being much better now, I'd say at slam dunk levels, including the ability to say definitively where the parts of 'mixed' blood came from.. But, you've got that elephant in the room of Fuhrman. There's a good reason he never worked as a police officer/detective again after this case. He was completely toxic to any case after pleading the 5th. No matter what, you have video of him killing them.. I'm not entirely sure that would do it because of Fuhrman.

you take Fuhrman out of this case.. It's PROBABLY a guilty verdict. That being said.. It was LA in '94/'95.. While what happened was NOT jury nullification.. It would only take one person to have a hung jury. You have a hung jury in this case.. With Fuhrman.. I don't think your retry. Without? Yeah. I don't think you get 12-0 if he wasn't involved in the case. Just.. Gut feeling.

Can you imagine a hung jury? Do it all again? It was already a circus. Imagine it going on for 4 years.

Sue you? no.. Discredit?.. I'm not doing that.. You're doing a fine job of that yourself.

I wish they would reopen the DNA evidence to do "family tree DNA" to see if it links to OJ's family.

DNA testing evidence has come a long way since back then when they may have only checked blood type.

He is the one that everyone would look at due to the domestic violence. Is he really that stupid to kill her? I'd think if he had something to do with it that he would pay someone to not be directly connected to brutally murdering two people.

Last edited by Roselvr; Yesterday at 02:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities