Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,324,281 times

Advertisements

I'd keep an eye on the kitty.

Sounds l;ike to me she's got a game going to BOP Moo on the head.

My Hackney drops stuff in the water bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Mornin all

I've forgotten how hard it is to sleep through kitties bouncing off the walls, onto the bed, and off of the walls again. I finally gave up and threw the covers off about half an hour after I was supposed to get up this morning, and began making my way to the bathroom amidst 2 furry kitty bodies following my every step, one step ahead of me, jumping and spinning and flipping acrobaticly in the air... like an obstical course! I'm just tryin to go to the bathroom guys!

I emptied out their toybox last night and recovered at least 75% of my missing hair ties ...thought you were smart, huh? Maybe this is payback, lol.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:41 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
Mornin all

I've forgotten how hard it is to sleep through kitties bouncing off the walls, onto the bed, and off of the walls again. I finally gave up and threw the covers off about half an hour after I was supposed to get up this morning, and began making my way to the bathroom amidst 2 furry kitty bodies following my every step, one step ahead of me, jumping and spinning and flipping acrobaticly in the air... like an obstical course! I'm just tryin to go to the bathroom guys!

I emptied out their toybox last night and recovered at least 75% of my missing hair ties ...thought you were smart, huh? Maybe this is payback, lol.
Try navigating 6 furbutts in the morning! And each one wants their early morning cuddle! Then add, our Golden Retriever, Dylan....
Hair ties....any given day mine are found in my shoes, under furniture, under washer & dryer and refrigerator. I wish I had stock for all the pkgs. I've bought over the yrs!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 AM

I know this is kitty chat thread.. I just needed to vent.

Everyone that I found myself waiting in line with (which was worse than usual, running multiple errands before work began) was irritating the crap out of me!!!

I was at PetCo, replenishing my stock of burlap wrapped mice rolled and stuffed in kitty pot (the ones with the butt-feathers) , standing in line, and couldn't help overhearing the lady in front of me complaining to the cashier. She was trying out this new electric shock collar on her new dog, and was looking for some advice before taking it home. Was complaining that the last one she purchased from them, kept shocking HER while she was adjusting it to her dog's bark, rather than her dog. And she didn't think it was appropriate, or safe, and there should be some warning label on it on how to handle it so you don't injure yourself.... lady, if YOU don't like being shocked by it, HOW DO YOU THINK YOUR DAMN DOG FEELS?!?!? Does he bark and annoy you? Gee... so sorry. I dare you to start complaining about your kids getting on your nerves, I'll bet you'll be back in here before nightfall outfitting them as well.

I know there aren't enough homes to go around for all the homeless animals in the world... but for the love of God, some of the homes these animals find themselves in, and some of the humans they fall subject to having to tolerate just pisses me off!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 10:50 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
What's even more sickening is how some people are now having their dog's vocal cords surgically removed. WTF, how wrong is that! How is Rover or Pinkie supposed to feel when they want to say hello, or "walk me NOW," and no sound leaves their mouth?
Weasie wouldn't be Weasie without her stream-of-consciousness meows that have squeaks thrown in. Am I supposed to muzzle her, or have a vet silence her under the knife, because it interferes with the call center work I do from home? Of course not. Love includes the acceptance of what can't be changed. Not only that, if I'm on the phone while presented with a list of cat demands the person on the other end of the line is always amused. My "talking cat" is going to stay that way.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Love includes the acceptance of what can't be changed.
Ahh... I am going to make that my quote for the day to live by. - For completely non-animal related issues, lol.
We'll see how long it keeps the soon-to-be DH out of the doghouse

Meanwhile, in true kittybutt fashion, they promptly ignored the pot-mice I bought when I got home, and spent hours chasing the remains of it's animated plastic wrapper around. They were miffed when I took it away. I try to think sensibly about what could hurt them if they shred or ingest any of their toys.. I don't need to be pulling lil plastic bits of bags out of their mouths! Shoo kitties!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
Runt was scared when we got home from our long vacation. She hid behind the drier. After a while she figured out who we were and she's fine now.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:17 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times
I hear purring over my shoulder.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 AM

I hear growling from inside my closet... wanna trade? lol

Old 02-22-2010, 07:38 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
I emptied out their toybox last night and recovered at least 75% of my missing hair ties
Checkers steals pens off the tables, and bats them around; no wonder I can never find a working pen. He also steals my barrettes and earrings. Had to buy specific containers for them -- I'd hate to think of him swallowing one of my diamond earrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
Runt was scared when we got home from our long vacation. She hid behind the drier. After a while she figured out who we were and she's fine now.
The first time I went away after we got our cats, Checkers wouldn't let me pet him for about a week. Little brat ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats